Chapter 19

A douse of water was thrown onto me making me gasp, coughing as water dripped from my hair and into my eyes.

"Wake up, you bitch." Someone said as I breathed heavily, blinking away the water running down my face, looking up and stared at Yutaka.

"Not this again..." I mumbled as I sighed, trying to remember how I got here.

After, Akutagawa...

Shit.

He had confessed.

So I had knocked him out, again, and ran away.

I didn't know whether to be glad or not that I wasn't near Akutagawa.

Probably the latter in this case.

"What do you want?" I asked as Yutaka scowled at me.

"You are going to pay. Years of work and information were in that building." Yutaka said as I grinned a little, remembering how I had indeed blown the place up after Akutagawa and I left.

"You had already set it on self-destruct." I pointed out as his green snake-like eyes narrowed.

"Because you were meant to die with them." Yutaka hissed out.

"Sorry that you didn't get that." I muttered, already knowing what would be coming.

"Oh, but I will. Right here." Yutaka said as I winced internally.

My arms were chained behind my back, which were also chained to the wall.

The chains must be the same ones from last time, the weird, deadly chains that can nullify abilities.

I didn't like the feel of it.

To feel so powerless and weak.

If only I could get free of the chains, I could take them down.

I surveyed the room quickly.

It was the opposite of the room I was held hostage in before.

This room was old and rusty, and it was stained with blood.

I grinned, not showing him the fear he wanted to see, despite my heart lodging up in my throat.

"Give it your best shot." I said as Yutaka smirked, sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh, we will." Yutaka said, moving to the tray of equipment laid out on top.

I winced, trying to ready myself for the torture he was sure to bring.

"You see, we've already started on someone else." Yutaka said, my blood running cold as the the cell door was opened, showing the two thugs that had beat me up earlier.

But my eyes weren't on them.

It wasn't them that made my blood run cold.

No, it was Akutagawa that was held in their grasps, blood running down from the wounds all over him.

He slowly lifted his head up, pained grey eyes searching around the room before landing on me, eyes widening in shock.

"Y...Y/n..." Akutagawa rasped out, just the way he said my name told me how much pain he was in.

"Akutagawa..." I whispered out.

- - -

Apologies for such the short chapter :))