Chapter 45

- - Present - -

"Akutagawa?!" I yelled in shock as the black clothed mafioso blinked at me, coughing a little as the dust and dirt still danced around us.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked as Akutagawa looked at me and raised an eyebrow seeming to be a little amused at my shocked face.

I mean who could blame me, the last place I expected to find this certain person was inside Poe's novel as well.

"You were the one who told me not to leave you." Akutagawa countered without hesitation as my face flushed red, immediately remembering the events of the night when everyone got wasted.

The next day, I woke up with a raging headache, cuddling with Gin in bed.

I shook my head at the useless muttering I had told Akutagawa that night,

"Sorry, I thought I was talking to someone else." I shot back as Akutagawa's grey eyes darkened a shade, making me grin with triumph.

"But seriously." I started, frowning at him in confusion. "Why are you here? How did you even get here?"

Akutagawa sent me a deadpanned look as he gave me a face that almost seemed to say, I can't believe you're that dumb.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance as Akutagawa didn't answer my question before I turned on a heel.,

"Well whatever. I'm going to go find Chuuya." I said, walking off as Akutagawa just quietly followed behind me, making me roll my eyes.

However, the more I walked, the more I came to the conclusion that whatever this story that  Edgar Allen Poe made, it sure inconvenienced the hell out of me as I smacked the hanging vine out of my face.

"What the fuck is this forest even useful for?" I asked spitting out small leaf pieces out of my mouth.

Unfairly, it seemed Akutagawa didn't seem to be having a similar problem as he just walked behind me, hands in his pockets.

"Perhaps if you decided to just avoid them instead of violently slapping them away, it would also leave you alone?" Akutagawa mused as I scrunched my nose at him and flipped him off.

"Yeah whatever." I said just when there was a loud echo in the forest.

The both of us immediately froze as we identified the noise in an instant.

A gun shot.

I then ran off into the direction of the gun shot as Akutagawa swiftly followed from behind.

I crouched down behind a bush, looking at the scene before looking at the hundreds of men crowding the camps as I raised an eyebrow.

"So what exactly is the mystery here?" I murmured to myself when I saw a man raise his gun.

I moved a little to the side in order to see that there was a row of people, tied up, kneeling on the ground as the man raised his gun again.

I couldn't hear what he was saying so I crept closer, making sure to stay silent.

"-one of you fuckers is the murderer!" The man yelled as his shouting finally could be heard as I let out a small hmm.

"So one of those are the murders?" I questioned to myself and watched as none of the people spoke up, which definitely seemed to piss the man with the gun off even more as he aimed at someone else.

Immediately, they started begging for mercy and only kept repeating over and over again that they weren't the murderer.

However, it seemed the man didn't seem to believe in the very-obviously-innocent-person and just shot them straight through the head.