CHAPTER 67

LEO'S POV

I sat in my car staring in the direction Rome's car drove away a few minutes ago along with Troye's car leaving me alone in the empty parking lot.

My mind drifted back to the way Rome reacted when Troye said that Ralph is my boyfriend.

The hurt and confusion was evident in his eyes yet he did not ask me one question which makes me wonder as to why he didn't.

We carried on with the dinner for the remaining time with no exchange of words. It was awkward, not going to lie.

I looked down at my lap closing my eyes and took a deep breath trying my best not to breakdown.

I didn't like the fact that Rome was ignoring me the whole time as if I wasn't just sitting next to him desperately waiting for him to talk to me.

I know that I myself did not make any effort and initiate a conversation but I just knew that he would still ignore me even if I do.

Why would he even ignore me after all these years of not seeing me? Does he have a reason for that? I don't know, I fucking don't know and it's making me feel pathetic.

It's obvious as to why he became an alcoholic and that's what is confusing me. The other day when he drunkenly tried to talk to me through Troye's phone calling me baby, he sounded so desperate then would he ignore me now?

I gripped the steering wheel as tears streamed down my cheeks blurring my vision.

I sobbed burying my face into my palms having no clue as to what will happen now. I want to listen to him, apologize to him for leaving him at the tough phase where he needed me the most.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault as to why he's ignoring me because even though he apparently still is in love with me, I understand if he's upset at the fact that I left him.

Christina did assure me that they're all proud of me and there's no fault of mine or anyone's in that matter but I can't help but think it is, indeed my fault.

With the lamp post illuminating the empty parking lot of the restaurant, I continued to sob sitting in my car behind the steering wheel feeling void.

THE NEXT MORNING

ROME'S POV

I pushed the glass door open stepping into the cafe taking in the aroma of freshly baked pastries and cookies.

I walked towards a vacant table sitting down on the chair and took out of my phone out of my coat's pocket checking if there's any message from Christina.

"I'm almost there."

I placed my phone down on the table massaging my forehead unable to bear the headache due to lack of sleep.

It's currently 1:09 PM and I asked Christina if she could come and meet me in the nearby cafe. The company she works in is barely ten minutes away from mine so she said she would come in the lunch hour.

I heard the cafe's door open and turned around to see Christina walking to where I sat with a worried look on.

She sat down infront of me hanging her bag to the chair and turned to me with the worry still evident on her face.

"You did sound stressed on the call but now that I've seen you, ofcourse you are."

I managed to pass her a smile in order to convince her that I'm okay but I guess it's obvious. Who am I even kidding? I know I look horrible.