CHAPTER 27

ROME'S POV

"I like men."

I felt my heart beating faster in my chest as I patiently waited for a reaction out of them. I gulped nervously fisting my hands so tightly that the nails digging into my skin start to hurt me but that's not my concern right now.

"W-What?"

Mom stuttered with a surprised yet shocked expression on her face while dad froze in his place looking like he's still processing what I just said or more like admitted it in front of them.

It feels good.

It feels good to admit about something I've been hiding since years. It feels good to know that I don't need to act in front of my parents anymore.

It feels like the weight is lifted off my shoulders. I realised that I'm falling deeper into Leo, probably starting to love him which started off with a crush.

Lately he makes me feel like wanting to admit that truth and date him openly instead of sneaking out secretly.

"What did you just say?"

My thoughts got interrupted when I heard dad speak and I looked at him with a blank expression on. I glanced at mom who still had the same expression as earlier.

"I am gay."

I feel proud.

"What the heck Rome!?"

Dad raised his voice charging towards me and soon I felt a slap on my cheek which made my face to turn to the right at the impact of that hard slap.

I gulped with tears pooling in my eyes as I felt my cheek stinging in pain. Wow. He slapped me...for the first ever time.

I knew this. I knew that they wouldn't agree but at least I admitted it instead of lying which made feel less guilty now for keeping this away from them.

The little hope which I had a few seconds earlier that they would accept me vanished into thin air.

I turned my head looking up at him as he glared at me sharply. He was about to hit me again but mom came forward holding his wrist in place to prevent him from hitting me.

"What are you doing? Why did you hit him!?"

He shoved her hands away grabbing my collar and made me stand up on my feet dragging me into the living room. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I silently let him drag me.

"Stop that!"

I heard mom shout but he growled at her making her shut her mouth. I gulped hissing in pain as he threw me on the floor.

I looked up at him with teary eyes and I swear I saw guilt in those eyes of his before he blinked and his eyes turned cold again. He looked so angry.

"How could you say something like that!? Where did it go wrong?"

"I didn't say anything wrong."

I managed to utter and felt him bending down to my level as he grabbed my collar again glaring into my soul.

"I said stop that! We can talk! You're abusing him!"

Mom shouted taking a hold of his arm and shoulders trying to pull him away from me but he was strong physically so he shrugged her off and she stepped backwards staring at me with a guilty expression on.

"I'm just teaching him a lesson so that he could take back what he just said."

He harshly let go of me and stood up breathing heavily staring down at me.

"I said what I need to and I won't take it back because that is the truth whether you like it or not."

"How dare you-"

"This is the reason why I didn't feel like telling you dad!! I was scared that you would act this way and you proved it today! You're a homophobic!"

"My question is...how? How did you turn out this way!? Who was the cause of it!? Do you even know how we would feel when we go outside and people will judge your mom and I?"

"Oh wow.. You care about the society more than your own son? Okay. Well I don't care... I used to before but a few things changed in me which made me want to live my life however I want to being the person whoever the heck I want to be! Fuck the judgemental society!"

"I'm born this way."

I took a deep breath in feeling proud of admitting something finally which scared me since years. Dad just nodded at me and I glanced at mom to see her crying now.

"Well I see how it is Rome."

He walked towards mom taking a hold of her wrist and started walking towards the front door. I bit my lip looking down at my lap not knowing what will happen now but the very next second I felt my world crash down listening to the words that came out of dad's mouth.

"Also, just to tell you... We won't be seeing each other anymore because we are disowning you. You are no longer our son as we can't afford to get humiliated in the society. We have been living respectfully until now and I want that to continue."

I snapped my head looking at him as he put on his shoes with a tight grip on mom's wrist so that she wouldn't escape.

"W-What are-"

He cut off mom's sentence hissing at her as she looked at me with more and more tears rolling down her cheeks. I stood up on my feet running towards them.

"N-No you can't-"

"Oh yes we will and you can find a way to feed yourself and pay your fees which is of course by working and don't try to contact us. Good bye!"

"What's wrong with you? How could you disown him? He's our son."

Mom spoke up trying to get her wrist out of his tight grip but he glared at her clenching his jaw.

"Are you crazy!? Didn't you hear what he just said? Come back to your senses and think of how disgusting he turned out to be!"

"Dad I'm still your son."

"Don't you dare call me that. I'll just consider that you are dead..my son Rome who I know is so pure is dead today!"

I could hear my heart break as I listened to his words which he spit out with such hateful expression on. Mom gasped at his words and stared at him in shock.

He dragged mom along with him walking out of my apartment still glaring at me. I fell on my knees burying my head into my face and started crying my heart out.

I lost them.

I never even thought that he would go that far where he disowns me without any feeling of pain or hesitation. Does he hate us that much?

Expect the unexpected.

I clutched my shirt unable to bear the pain in my chest thinking that I got thrown out of their lives just because I turned out to be someone they hate so much.

I thought I would have to fight some more to make them accept me but not this. Even though all this happened, I still don't regret telling them the truth.

It felt like the right time so I did say. I was ready to keep on trying and trying until they accept me but now my parents disowned me.

I know mom was trying to convince him but I also know that he will somehow brain wash or threaten her into following whatever he says keeping in my mind about how he acted just now.

All these thoughts are just giving me head ache. I slowly stood up on my feet rubbing my temples with tears still rolling down my cheeks.

I went into the kitchen to get a water bottle and walked upstairs to take a pain killer and sleep to get things off my mind.

I swallowed the pill and plopped on my bed covering myself with the duvet. I closed my eyes wiping away my tears off my face and sighed burying my face into the pillow.

I need to search for a job now.