CHAPTER 10

ROME'S POV

I jumped on the bed throwing my legs in the air and put a pillow on my face screaming into it.

He was jealous!!

I squealed throwing the pillow away covering my face in my hands. Gosh!
He's driving me crazy. I chuckled sitting up on bed fixing my messed up hair.

I intentionally said it when I said that I would have dragged him out and teach him some lesson if I ever get jealous. I love teasing him just to see his cheeks turning red.

I hugged a pillow closing my eyes imagining his pretty face. He's an angel. My angel.

HENLEY'S POV

I tapped my feet on the ground getting impatient with each passing second.
I dig my hands into my jacket's pocket looking around the park to see if she came already.

"Where is she? She called me here but instead she is late. Wow!"

After a more minutes of waiting, I saw her walking towards me. I stood up from the bench as she came standing in front of me.

"Why did you call me here Samantha?"

"Just to talk about Rome."

"What do we have to talk about him?"

"I want to know if he's dating anyone Henley. I asked him out countless times and how could he still not fall for me?"

I looked at her in disbelief and sighed shaking my head.

"Look Sam, I know you love him but you're just being dense right now. Accept the fact that he don't want anything with you and move on. I know you understand things well and maybe you're too hurt because of his rejection but please stand his shoes and think of it... Is it right to force your feelings on him?"

"I'm just trying to make him fall for me."

She said with tears forming in her eyes.

"No! He cleared himself that he isn't interested in dating someone anytime soon and even if he is interested we can never be sure who he will in love with. Maybe he's not the one for you but don't worry the time will bring you closer to your true lover."

I said patting her shoulder. She nodded sniffling and I passed her a sad smile.

"I will get going now. Text me once you reach home safely."

She nodded and I walked away in the direction where I parked my car earlier.

JASMINE'S POV

I sighed as I heard the bike's engine roar outside of my house.
I stood up from the couch placing the pencil in between the book closing it and walked towards the window moving the curtains a little.

"Alex?"

He parked the bike in the drive away and walked towards the front door but I opened it before he can even knock. I placed my hands on my hips glancing behind him at the bike and back at him.

"Where were you?"

Alex rolled his eyes pushing me to the side and entered in removing his shoes at the entrance.

"It's none of your business sissy."

I closed the front door locking it and turned to him glaring at his back. Alex, nineteen years old and my younger brother. We lost our father when we were so young and it's been only mom looking after us since then.

Alex is an irresponsible and rude kid which makes me worry about his future. I always try to remind him about our financial conditions hoping him to change but he never did instead he comes back home with minor injuries once a week atleast. Simple, he gets into fights with random people on roads.

He is in the last year of his high school even though he's nineteen already but he never studies making me wonder if he can even make it to a good university.

And the way he's been roaming around the city with that bike I don't know where he got it from, I started getting more worried because he attends school in the morning and come back home to shower and again run out of the house coming back late at night.

Mom is too tired after working for almost the whole day in a restaurant so she just sleeps after returning from work and that's the reason I take care of the house along with Alex and studies all together.

I'm eager to graduate in a year so that our financial condition could get better after I start earning. I even decided to ask mom to stop working after I get a job.

"Is mom home already?"

"Not yet. You even forgot the time mom returns from work huh? You got that busy I see. Where are you-"

"Stop nagging ugh!"

He cut my sentence off with an eye roll to which I scoffed in disappointment.

He removed his jacket throwing it on the couch and walked into the kitchen to eat. That's what he knows to do.

When will he change?

I picked up his jacket dusting it and hanged it on one of the hangers in the living room and turned around to continue my studies but saw his phone on the floor.

Oh- it might have fallen out of the jacket's pocket. I picked it up to place it near the TV but felt it vibrating in my hand and a message popped up on the screen making me frown staring at it.

Boss-
Come to my house tomorrow.. I'll explain you the next step of the plan.

Boss? Who is he working to? And plan? What plan? I stood there confused but felt a hand snatching away the phone suddenly. I looked up and saw Alex glaring at me and he instantly ran upstairs to his room.

What the fuck is happening?