CHAPTER 9

ROME'S POV

I stared at the way my biceps were flexing everytime I lift the heavy dumbbells through the mirror in front of me.

My body drenched in my own sweat with my white tee sticking to my torso defining my abs. I felt sweat dripping down my forehead reaching my chin.

"Excuse me?"

I looked at the guy through the mirror standing behind me with his phone in his hands.

I placed the dumbbells on the floor grabbing a black towel from the bench beside me wiping the sweat off my face. I brushed my hair back with the help of my fingers and walked towards him throwing the towel on my shoulder.

"Yeah?"

"Uh.."

He turned his phone towards me and I blinked staring at the screen. It's my Tinder's profile. I nodded raising a brow at him wanting him to speak something.

"I'm Liam, I checked out your profile two days ago and you seem to catch my intrest so I texted you but you didn't reply."

"Oh about that.. I didn't open Tinder since the day I installed it because I was quite busy. Sorry for not replying to you."

"It's okay.. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. You live somewhere near?"

"No I came to visit my cousin who live nearby and wanted to work out for a while so yeah.. It's a coincidence I must say, that we met here."

"True."

"So.. Rome, why don't we have a little talk while we eat something down in the cafe?"

He said looking down at my abs. I chuckled nodding at him and turned around walking towards the changing room.

After I cleaned myself and changed into a new pair of clothes, we walked out of the gym entering the cafe. I opened the glass door for him and he thanked walking in. I followed Liam guiding him towards the counter to place our order.

I learnt that he's from Texas and came to New York to visit his cousin sister who was pregnant and when he checked my profile, he thought of meeting me once before going back to Texas.

We ordered and walked further into the cafe finding an empty table. Once we settled down, Liam spoke up.

"This cafe feels so cozy."

"I know right."

"So... What made you install Tinder?"

"Simple. I wanted to get a boyfriend but now I think of it, I don't think I need that app anymore."

"Why so?"

"I found someone.. I mean we aren't a thing yet but I sure am we will start dating soon."

"Oh good for you."

He said with disappointment written all over his face. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings in any way but its better to be honest about my feelings. I don't want to give false hopes to anyone when in fact I have my set on only one person.

We shared some basic information about each other and soon our orders arrived and we started eating continuing to talk.

Liam, twenty seven years old who work as a photographer in Texas. He dated a few men in the past but still is waiting for the one.

I frowned looking out of the huge glass window as the sudden weird feeling of being watched crept in me. I shrugged finding no one and continued talking to Liam. He's a great guy not gonna lie.