CHAPTER 40

JASMINE'S POV

Why are they both together all alone?

Are they dating by any chance?

I looked up at the sky with questions flooding in my head to which I know that Rome and Leo can only answer.

I walked out of the cafe after seeing them together earlier because I didn't want them to know that I saw them.
It's none of my business but I'm just curious to know what's up with both of them.

I froze staring at the five cars, police's  cars to be specific parked in front of my house. I trailed my eyes towards the front door and saw it wide open.

"What the hell?"

I rushed in removing my shoes at the entrance and walked into the living room to see Alex sitting on the couch with a few police officers surrounding him.

All of them turned to where I am standing at and one of the officer raised his brows at me.

"May I know who you are miss?"

"What's happening here?"

I gulped looking at Alex who just stared down at the floor with a tears in his eyes.

"I'm Jasmine...his older sister. Why are you all here?"

"Oh okay well...we are here to arrest your brother because he reportedly stalked a guy and helped a mafia who is now dead in kidnapping the guy he stalked."

"What the hell?"

I raised my voice a little at the sudden shock I received. I heard my brother let out a sob as he buried his face in his hands.

"Alex.. You did that? The m-money you brought home telling that you earned it- you earned it by kidnapping someone!? How could you?"

"I'm sorry I was- I just wanted to help mom in-"

"Shut up. If you really wanted to help her then you could've found some other way to earn money but not this way! Do you think she'll be happy now after knowing this?"

He shook his head and continued sobbing as I felt tears pooling in my eyes. I walked further and the officers backed away giving me space to walk.

"How did you meet this mafia who you worked for? Tell me... I want to know everything in detail with nothing excluded. Don't you dare lie...not at least after the matter came this far that you are getting arrested."

I said sternly sitting on my knees in front of him as he sat on the couch. He sniffled nodding and wiped away the tears off his face looking up at me.

"I don't know him... I bumped into him one day when I was hanging out with my friends at a mall. He apologized and walked away but I never expected to see him again when I went to a club a few days later.

I saw him dragging away a guy with a gun in his hand and I followed him being the curious guy I am and I regret it so much that I followed him that day. I mean- he's dead for good and the victim is safe now but the guilt-"

He started sobbing and his voice broke cutting his sentence off. I stayed silent wanting him to continue but before that one of the police officer's spoke up clearing his throat.

"Miss.. You can come to the police station with us if you want to be present while we are investigating him. We want to arrest him first and then continue with the questions."

"When will the process start?"

"Tomorrow."

"T-Then I'll come tomorrow."