CHAPTER 21

ROME'S POV

"Samantha I'm sorry."

She looked up at me with tears pooling her eyes as I stared back at her with a guilty expression on. She looked away pressing her lips into a thin line and let out a sigh.

"You don't even want to try?"

She asked in a low voice almost whispering but I heard it clearly.

"Look, I don't want to hurt you but being honest with my feelings is better for both of us. I don't see a point in agreeing to try I mean- I am sure that we will break up in the end because one, I don't have feelings for you I just see you as a friend and admire you as a person but no other and two, it'll hurt you more than now if we date and then break up.

It would look like you're the only one putting in efforts when I don't even want to try. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say... I'm really sorry."

She looked down at her feet with tears rolling down her cheeks. I bit my lip glancing behind her to see the students giving her sympathetic looks.

"I got your point now and I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way."

"It's okay... I understand how you might be feeling but don't apologize you did no wrong."

She nodded wiping away the tears off her face and looked at me with a sad smile on her face.

"I am happy that I could at least confess my feelings to you directly instead of being a coward and... It's fine- as I kind of excepted this but didn't knew it would hurt this good. I'll try to move on even if it will be hard and keep my distance from you."

"I wish you the best."

She smiled nodding and turned around walking out of the classroom as the crowd made way to her. I saw Henley waving at me as he walked towards his own class. My classmates walked in settling down in their seats but I just stood there thinking what all happened just now.

I felt a pat on my back and turned to my left to see one of my friend motioning me to sit beside him. I sighed placing the bouquet on the desk and took a seat beside him.

I saw a few of my classmates removing the decorations on the board and glanced at my friend who's concentration was on the book in front of him.

I sighed opening the zipper of my bag taking out of my books and setting them on the desk.

LEO'S POV

"Leo!!"

I turned around halting in my steps and saw Troye running towards me from the end of the hallway. I smiled standing to the side of the hallway so that we wouldn't block anyone's way while we are talking.

"Hi."

He chuckled trying to catch his breath and once he did he ruffled my hair greeting me back. He eyes trailed down to my neck and he gulped taking his hand off my head.

I frowned looking down in confusion and gasped once I realised I still have the hickey on my neck. I covered it clearing my throat and blushed looking away in embarrassment.

"You really are dating him?"

"Huh?"

"That dude from last night is your boyfriend right?"

I bit my lip slowly nodding at him. He smiled but that smile of his didn't reach his eyes.

"Didn't knew you already are dating someone."

I didn't say anything but stare at him.

"I can sense your nervousness... You probably don't want anyone knowing that you're dating a guy so don't worry I won't tell it to anyone and I'm sure my friends wouldn't too."