CHAPTER 23

THE WEDDING DAY

LEO'S POV

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror fixing the black tie wrapped around my neck. I put on my socks and then the black leather shoes ready for the big day.

My dad is getting married finally.

I walked out of my room and then downstairs to see no one in the house as my parents already reached the venue to get ready for the ceremony.

"Wow! Leo is that really you!? Oh my god- you look really handsome!!"

I flinched at the excited squeal and turned around to see Christina getting down the stairs wearing a beautiful tea length dress with her hair styled into a bun.

I blushed at the compliment I received as she cooed at me pulling me in for a hug. I hugged her back letting out a shy giggle.

"You look pretty too~"

"Aw.. Thank you! But seriously, you look really stunning!"

I bit my lip to prevent a shy smile and thanked her again as she laughed at my reaction.

"Guys... Let's go now or else we will be late which we don't want at all, do we now?"

Henley said tightening the watch around his wrist walking down the stairs with a blue coloured suit on. He waved the car keys in the air skipping towards the front door. Christina and I chuckled at his excited figure and followed him walking out of the house.

She locked the front door sliding the keys into her sling bag and intertwined her arms with mine as we walked towards the car as Henley already drove out of the driveway.

We settled in the car as Henley hummed happily to the songs playing in the radio.

"Let's go~"

All of our friends are invited to the wedding and I of course invited Troye as well. At first, he declined kindly saying that he didn't even meet my family but I insisted deciding to introduce him to everyone today.

It was last week where I nearly got kidnapped but lucky me that I got saved by Troye. I really don't know how the situation would be right now if I got kidnapped that day.

Since then on, everything seemed to get back to normal as my parents got busier with work and wedding preparations while my siblings with their own lives.

I was scared for nothing that they would try to get me again but now that everything is fine I'm not worried anymore but still somewhere deep inside I am scared of those kidnappers.

I sighed not wanting to think about that anymore and looked out of the window admiring the sky.

I felt blush coating my cheeks as I remembered how Rome and I snuck out twice in this week. Once we went to a hill top to stargaze and then later went to beach spending all day swimming and playing around.

I'm also happy at the fact that I ain't getting any nightmares since past few weeks which is a good sign. I looked at Henley as he halted the car in front of the main gates of the wedding hall.

"You both get in I'll park the car in the parking lot and then come inside."

I nodded opening the door and got down the car with my heart racing in my chest at the thought that I would see Rome again. Christina called out my name and I speed walked to match with her pace. We both entered the wedding hall and my eyes widened mesmerized by the beautiful decorations.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

Christina said chuckling at me as I was busy admiring the hall. I nodded at her as she gripped my wrist dragging me towards the hallway leading to the groom's and bride's changing room along with the restrooms at the end.