CHAPTER 49

LEO'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness in Rome's bedroom with only moonlight illuminating into the room through the windows.

I sighed feeling warm with his arms around my body as he back hugged me being fast asleep. I glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand and it's 11:35 PM.

I looked around Rome's room and stiffened once I saw my belongings in one of the corners of the room. I shut my eyes tight wanting to go back to sleep and not to think about anything now.

But my brain has other plans.

Everything that happened today really did disturb me. The past incidents came flooding into my mind triggering me.

I don't know what's going to happen now. I can expect nothing but hate from my own family. To be honest, I don't hate Jasmine for telling the truth to everyone but I am sure upset at the fact that she took the decision all by herself as if she's involved in it.

She never experienced any fear queers usually do then I don't know what made her take a step by justifying herself that she wanted to support us.

It's only Henley.

All the others seems to be okay with this by judging how they tried to stop Henley when he was doing what all he did. But, what if Henley manipulates them into taking his side? We never know.

Earlier, I received a few messages from my parents, Christina and Grace asking about how I am but I chose to ignore them. I'll reply tomorrow... I need to clear my mind first.

I am nervous that my mom got to know as well. My dad promised me that he wouldn't tell her until I'm ready but I know he might be shocked now.

I know that Rome is hurt deep down inside because his friendship of years with Henley broke off as if it was nothing. He acted cold telling that he isn't even that hurt and in fact is happy that someone as toxic as Henley is no more his friend.

But I so very well know how it feels to lose that person or people whom we thought would never leave our side.

I experienced it.

Any relationship need efforts from both the sides and that alone makes the bond stronger and it'll last longer but when things like this happen and one of the person breaks the relation as if it meant nothing to them, it hurts... It hurts to know that maybe it was always one sided be it love, friendship or anything in that matter.

It is very hard to let go of them along with the bittersweet memories and to accept that they don't want us anymore and move on.

It hurts.

I turned around to face Rome very slowly so that I wouldn't disturb his sleep. I gulped as guilt took over me looking at the dried tear stains on his cheeks.

Everything happened because of me.

"Stop blaming yourself Leo."

The voice in my head spoke with another one following.

"You are to be blamed. He lost his childhood friend today just because of you... If only you didn't meet him, he would have been happy today."

I closed my eyes but didn't start crying as there are no tears left to cry considering how much of tears I shed earlier.

I caressed his cheeks wiping the tear stains off but bit my lip instantly regretting it as I saw him moving in his sleep. His eyes opened with his grip around my body tightening as he buried his face into my neck making me blush.