CHAPTER 18

ROME'S POV

I smiled hugging back Liam as we stood near the entrance of the airport. He's going back to Texas today so asked me if I could come meet him once before he go back. I agreed and came to the airport half an hour ago and now it's time for him to go in.

Even though, there's no possibility of us meeting again Liam promised to see me whenever he comes to New York and I told the same that I'll meet him if ever I go to Texas.

"I'll get going now goodbye, take care."

"You too."

I shoved my hands into my jacket's pockets staring at him as he walked into the airport along with his suitcase. I sighed looking up at the sky and realised it's going to be dark soon.

Liam turned around with a smile on his face which I returned with a small wave. He walked away and I stood there staring at nothing in particular.

Leo.

I ruffled my hair thinking about him and turned around walking out of the main gates of the airport looking around for taxi as my car was sent to the mechanic for repair.

I walked towards the bus stop nearby and waited for any taxi to pass by so that I can get into it. I took out my phone going to the messages and sighed staring at the name Leo.

He didn't even see my messages let alone reply to them. I sucked in a deep breath biting my lip and shoved my phone back into the pocket.

Soon, I saw a taxi and extended my hand as a signal for the driver to stop the car. He did and I opened the backdoor getting in and told him the address I want him to drop me off.

I shook my leg tapping my feet on the floorboard desperate to get home already because the weather is cold  today and I don't have any coat over me except my jacket which barely protects me from the cold.

All of a sudden, the driver halted the car and I looked at him through the rear view mirror with a frown on my face.

"What happened?"

"Sir."

He motioned towards the red light and I groaned feeling annoyed with everything. I've been so stressed and moody lately and I know why is that. I miss Leo. I sighed resting my back against the seat waiting for the light to turn green.

It did turn green after a few minutes of wait but as soon as the car started moving forward I heard a loud crash of cars and people yelling at each other.

"It seems like there's an accident..it will take time to reach your destination."

The driver spoke glancing at me through the rear view mirror. I sighed taking out my wallet handing him the money and opened the door getting off the car ignoring his calls for me.

I stepped onto the pavement walking in the opposite direction to reach my home by walk as I already came half the way even if it's cold. I'm so impatient to reach my home and snuggle into the warm blankets.

I hugged the jacket close to my body speed walking making sure I don't bump into anyone. I felt my phone vibrating and took it out to see one of my friends calling me.

I answered the call continuing to walk and placed the phone on my left ear.

"Yo."

"What?"

"I wanted to ask if you could send me the details about the so called project we got today in class.. I didn't note it down nor click a picture."

"Oh sure but you want it this instant? I'm not in the home right now as I wrote it in my notebook instead of taking a picture."