CHAPTER 14

LEO'S POV

I walked into the huge library looking around in awe. I guess it would feel great to work and study here huh?

I walked towards the librarian fiddling with my fingers feeling nervous as usual.

The librarian looked up from the magazine he's reading and raised his eyebrows at me. I gulped before opening my mouth to introduce myself.

"Hello.. I'm Leo studying in-"

"Green Oak High School."

He said my school's name instead looking down at my uniform. I nodded feeling unsure as he stood up from the chair slamming the magazine on the desk.

"My son studies in the same school as well... He's in 9th standard and what about you?"

"Oh I see... I'm in 10th standard by the way."

"I've heard a lot about you but wasn't able to believe it and now that I saw you, it makes me want to believe what all I heard about you."

He said sending me glare with disgust written all over his face. I frowned not understanding what he is implying to.

"What are you here for?"

He asked in a harsher tone making me more nervous than I already am.

"I came h-here to ask if there are any part-time jobs available."

He chuckled sitting back down on the chair he previously sat on and opened the magazine crossing his leg over the other.

"They are available but not to people like you who bring shame to society so kindly get lost."

I widened my eyes at his words and dig my nails into my palms trying hard not to cry in front of him.

I simply nodded turning around and was about to walk away but he called my name making me halt in my steps. I didn't turn around but he took the hint that I'm listening and spoke up.

"Stay away from my son because I don't want him becoming like you. Shameless to go around fucking people the same gender as you."

He mumbled a few curse words after finishing his sentence and I gulped walking out of the library without uttering a word.

I sobbed hugging the duvet close to my body. I woke up with a nightmare once again. It keeps getting worse.
I sniffled wiping away my tears and sat up on the bed grabbing the glass of water from the nightstand taking a sip. I sighed keeping the glass back in it's place and looked at the wall clock in front of me.

It's 10:00 AM already but I didn't mind since it's sunday today. I removed the duvet off my body and sighed slapping my own forehead as I forgot to change into my pyjamas all over again before going to bed.

I've been forgetting to change because I come home from university and cry unable to do anything to make my life better and drift off to sleep directly. I even stopped eating properly with no proper appetite.

Two days since I last saw Rome. I miss him a lot. I looked down at my fingers and let out a sigh standing up from the bed to do my morning routine.

|||||||

I walked downstairs to have my brunch and entered the kitchen to see mom taking out the vegetables and grocery out of the plastic wrappers or bags and putting them in their respective places.

I didn't even talk to my family in the past week properly because I was too caught up with all the things happening in my life but I appreciate them for giving me my space until I am normal.