CHAPTER 61

TWO DAYS LATER

ROME'S POV

I sighed resting my elbows on top of the table with my head in my hands as tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

I sniffled wiping the tears off my face glaring at the laptop's screen in front of me.

I am in no mood to work but here I am finishing a few files dad gave me this morning. I closed the file pushing it away and shut down the laptop throwing my head back on the chair.

I want to see Leo.

Troye came to my house yesterday to inform me about what Hazel told him and that alone is making me so angry right now.

She was forced to do what she did and could have said no but instead of doing so, she acted selfish. She didn't give a thought about the consequences but straight up went for it with no second thought.

She messed up everything more than it already is but I know I shouldn't be blaming it all on her because I am at fault too.

I swear I had no control over my body it was like as if my body has a mind on it's own and I kissed her back which lead to Leo leaving me.

I don't deserve his forgiveness but I can't seem to let go of him. He don't deserve a cheater like me so it's better if I leave him to be.

It hurts.

Hazel texted me apologizing for messing things up but instead I blocked her without even caring to reply. I don't want to do anything with her anymore.

Even if she did apologize, nothing will be back to normal. The damage is already done and I can't have him back.

I loosened my tie wanting to breathe and wiped the tears off my face in a harsh manner. I gulped shutting my eyes and leaned my forehead on the table not wanting to cry anymore as I'm still in my office room.

I heard a knock on the door and immediately sat up straight running my fingers through my hair. I took in a deep breath switching on the laptop pretending to work.

"Come in."

The door opened revealing none other than my dad with a huge smile on his face. I raised my brows getting confused as to why he didn't call me to his office.

"Hi."

He sat on the chair opposite to me and crossed his leg over the other straightening the collar of his shirt.

"You could have called me to your office instead of coming here."

"I know but need to talk about something really important with you so it doesn't matter who's office it is."

He chuckled to which I nodded with a small smile on waiting for him to say what he has to say.

"I'll be announcing you as the new CEO tonight."

My eyes enlarged as I stared at him with surprise and shock written all over my face. He smiled at my reaction and nodded before continuing to speak.

"You will immediately be working on a project after you become the CEO. Our company has signed a project with Mr. Robertson's company and you so very well know who he is."

"Yeah...my batchmate Samantha's father."

"Right!"

"Does that mean I'll be working along with Mr. Robertson for this upcoming project?"

"No.. He decided to announce Samantha as the new CEO as well so you both will be working together. That's the reason why we decided to announce you both as the CEO's at the same time."