CHAPTER 63

THE NEXT DAY

LEO'S POV

I pushed the glass door open and entered the cafe adjusting the cap on my head. I walked in looking around to find a vacant table and once I did find one pushed against the wall I sat down leaning my back on the wall.

I placed the bag beside me and took the phone out of my back pocket unlocking the device. I opened the zipper of my backpack and digged my hand in trying to find my air pods.

"Your order sir?"

I looked up and saw a waitress standing there with an empty tray in her hands.

"I would like to have baked beans."

"Okay I'll be back in a few minutes with your order so please do wait."

"Sure thank you."

She passed me a smile before turning around and walking away as I grabbed the air pods out plugging them into my ears and opened the music app.

I closed my eyes resting my head back on the wall trying my best to not think about Rome instead enjoy the music.

"Leo you can open the door now."

I heard Christina say which made me cry harder than before knowing that he went away. I slowly opened the door and Christina immediately pulled me in for a hug.

I hugged her back burying my face into her neck crying my heart out confused about how to feel.

I wanted him go away but now that he did, I want him back here.

I am unable to hate him.

"Leo..."

I sniffled with tears continuously streaming down my face as Christina cupped my cheeks making me look up at her.

"I just want to say that... You need to give him a chance to explain himself I mean I ain't saying that you need to forgive him so easily and get back with him but..atleast listen to what he has to say. I'm obviously supporting you and not that jerk but I don't want you to regret your decision later.

I don't want to see you hurt crying over him. I agree any explanation now is hard to believe and wouldn't justify his actions but just think of it, he looked genuinely desperate to reveal what happened that night.

Look, it's completely your decision whether you want to give him a chance or not but make sure that you would move on and wouldn't regret leaving him."

I looked down at my feet taking in what all she's saying and nodded indicating that I understood.

"I will think about it."

"Sir your order."

I saw the waitress from earlier placing the bowl of baked beans on the table gently sliding it towards me.

"Thank you."

I took a hold of the spoon which was already on the table and digged in loving the sweet, tomatoey taste of the dish.

I'm still confused about deciding on if I should give Rome a chance to explain himself or not.

It makes me feel guilty thinking that maybe I'm holding him back from finding that one person whom he actually deserves. He told me numerous times that I'm more than enough for him but I can't prevent myself from getting insecure.

What should I do?

"I love you."

I blushed turning around pushing the shopping cart and looked around the food aisle searching for my favourite snacks.