CHAPTER 45

ROME'S POV

I got down the bus immediately after it halted near the bus stop and started running towards Leo's house. I tightened my grip on the straps of my bag around my right shoulder.

I halted in my steps once I reached his house and opened the main gates walking towards the front door. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to answer the door.

"Hi."

Henley opened the door as I saw him removing the watch off his wrist. I mumbled a small 'hi' back and entered in with my eyes already searching for Leo.

Did he come back from his university?

"You directly came here from your work?"

I nodded at Henley's question sitting on the couch as he looked down at my uniform which is nothing but a pair of maroon coloured trousers with a white button up shirt and a necktie.

"I need to change into something comfortable so wait."

He said glancing down at his outfit making me nod at him one more time before he walked upstairs into his room.

I got off of work sooner as there were not much customers today as well. Hazel suggested that we should go eat ice cream but I kindly declined her and came here to apologize Leo.

I guess no one is home.

I thought resting my head on the couch as the house was pin drop silent. I stood up walking into the kitchen to quench my thirst.

I placed the glass in the sink once I drank the water and walked out of the kitchen and was about to enter the living room but stopped once I saw Troye and Leo running towards the front door or more like Troye giving Leo a piggy back ride through the door's sidelights.

Troye was trying to catch his breath as Leo got off his back patting his head with a huge smile on. I bit my lip and straightened my back once the door opened with Leo entering in.

He froze in his place staring at me with those big eyes of his. I stared back not knowing what to say.

"What now?"

Troye spoke standing behind him and followed his gaze looking at me but I didn't care to glance at him as my eyes focused on Leo's expressions.

Leo looked away removing his shoes and ran upstairs ignoring me and I didn't even try to stop him deciding to talk to him later.

I stared in the direction he ran away and heard Troye clearing his throat and knew he is now standing beside me but didn't look at him.

"When did you come here?"

"Just fifteen minutes ago and where were you both?"

I glared at him wanting to know where they went. I would never control Leo's life but I felt anger filling my system. I didn't like how Leo let Troye carry him.

"Are you jealous?"

Troye asked as if he just read through me.

I am.

I don't even know why I'm getting jealous all of a sudden but I am. My boyfriend is upset because of me forgetting about our date and today I saw him with his friend. I trust both of them and I have no right to control Leo's life but this is making me sad.

"No."

He smiled facing me with his hands in his pant pockets. I gulped trying hard not show that I'm indeed jealous.

"You are. Well...we did nothing much just ate lunch in a random cafe and went to karaoke.

He enjoyed a lot with me."