24

The flashes of camera was blinding.

I couldn't comprehend what had just happened, I couldn't even think straight at this moment. Luke's lips was sealed on mine, I wasn't returning the kiss but neither was I pulling away.

Once it's registered to me that I wasn't pulling away, neither fighting him off me, I instantly push him off me with so much force that I didn't know I had in me, and slapped him so hard on the face. Gasps from the reporters erupted in the restaurant, Luke looked shocked that I had slapped it and it's almost made me laugh. Was he expecting me to have kissed him back? How was he even here and why is he doing this? “B-baby, I missed you so much. Ever since you left, I couldn't stop thinking about you” He move forward, wanting to hold my hands but I instantly stepped back. This was insane! 

Luke seem like he was gonna cry. He looked broken, shattered and hurt. “What the hell is going on? Why are you here?” I whispered, trying my best to not let the reporter have a clip on our discussion. I might not be a social media person, but I know how sick and twisted a reporter can make a story seem. They'd just cook up their own lies and label it as the truth and trust me, people will believe it.

They're just so good at manipulating stories.

I tried to cover my face from the flashes of cameras, I don't want to go viral on the Internet especially not in a situation like this one. “Baby please, come back to me" Luke cries, his voice coming out loud as if wanting the reporters to take on every details. “I know I did bad but you've gat to forgive me. It's was just a misunderstanding, we can move past it” He look as though he was truly broken, like a man who had just got his heart shattered.

What sick game is he playing, we never even dated!

I was suddenly pull toward a body. Dele wrapped his arms protectively around my shoulder, he was shooting dagger at Luke. I don't even know if he believes whatever gibberish that is running out of Luke's mouth. Mr Barnes was trying to get the reporter's to leave, they only keep throwing all sort of insane questions.

Mr Coker, who's that woman?

Do you have any idea she was already in an affair?

Did you really stole a woman from that young man?

How long have you been seeing her?

The questions keeps coming, most was shoot directly at Dele. It's doesn't look good for him at all, this feels like a set up. I don't understand why or how Luke is doing it, but to me, it's seem like he's trying to tarnish Dele's reputation or worst. What I don't understand is why was he's going extreme? What's gonna be his gain in all this?

I was still in shock, I've never had anyone come at me that aggressively, the cameras were almost shoved to my face. Dele buries my head to the nape of his neck, I held on to him tightly, it's was as if I was scared of him vanishing.

“Sir, how long as your wife been having an affair?” The reporters asked Luke, he instantly jumped at the questions, weeping hypocritically.

Wife? What wife?

“I'm not his wife” I almost yelled, not even understanding how I've found my voice. This cause the reporters head to whip toward me, throwing all sort of stupid questions. “Baby, please don't deny what we shared. I get he's wealthier than me but what we shared was real. I really can't live without –”

Before he could finish, Dele already lurched forward at him, grabbing Luke in the collar and colliding a fist to his face. I screamed in fright as grown ass men threw punches at each other. All these while, the reporters were filming everything, not bothering to put an end to the fight. I cried, moving forward to stop both men from Killing each other not until I felt a punch collided with my stomach.