20

“Ughh”

I roll on my stomach, stretching before opening my eyes. I stare at an empty space beside me. Where's Dele? I slowly push myself off bed, walking into the shower to wash my face. I walk back into the bedroom, I caught sight of my phone and pick it up to call Maria. I haven't heard from her since yesterday.

It's rang multiple time but she didn't pick up. I tried calling her again still to no avail. Well that's weird. I tried again but this time, it's didn't ring and just said 'not reachable'. She never takes that long in answering my call, what if something happened? No, maybe she's asleep or something? Or she's busy? But it's 6pm, Maria doesn't sleep by this time and what could she even be busy with? Don't blame me, I'm just an overthinker. Who knows, she might be in trouble?.

I quickly change back in my clothes. The thought of my best friend being in danger makes me scared shitless. I pick up my bag and clothes. Where the hell is Dele? I rush out of the room, only to meet Dele half way in the hallway, a tray of food in his hands.

I didn't look at the food twice as I ran toward him. “I need to leave” I rush out, sweat already begin to form on my forehead. Dele looks confuse, “Why? Is everything okay?”

“Yes, everything is fine. I just really need to leave right now” I demanded. I can't wait much longer, what if I get too late? I just hope Maria is fine. “You don't look fine. C'mon, talk to me, what's going on?” I followed behind him into the kitchen, he dropped the tray on the counter, turning to cup my face in his palm. “ What's wrong baby?”

I sighed, tears already forming in my eyes. “  It's my best friend, she's not picking up her phone. I don't know, I just have this bad feelings that something is wrong” Tears fall down my cheek but I quickly wipe it off. Maria is like a sister to me, she's the closest to me than anybody and it'd kill me that she's in trouble and I'm not there right now.

Dele sighs,“She might be asleep? Or maybe, busy with something? C'mon baby, I'm sure she's alright” he tried to reasoned but it's still doesn't help.

“You don't understand” I freed myself from his hold, “Maria would have picked up. She never ignores my calls. She'd have picked on the second ring. Something is wrong” I pace around, my palm begin to get sweaty.

“Why don't you try calling her again?” Immediately Dele suggested, I picked up my phone to dial her number again. But still not reaching through.

I stare at Dele with a look that says 'something is definitely wrong'. “Okay I'd get my keys and drop you off”

“No. no. no. I don't want to bother you, I'd just get a cab” I refuse quickly. Dele close his eyes, his jaw clenched. He open them and stare at me, “You're delusional if you think I'd let you fly a bus. And don't ever thing asking me of anything is bothering me cause I'd gladly let you bother me”

He left the kitchen without saying anymore. I sigh, covering my face with my palm, what could be wrong with her?. I dialed her number again, and keep dialing but when it's didn't connect, I put my phone away with a shaky sigh. What is taking Dele so long?

I keep pacing the kitchen, God pleaseeeeee. I begged, pacing around. “Calm down baby, everything will be fine” Dele soothe me, I could only nod. “ Let go” He held my hand and lead the way.

*******************************

We've been stuck in traffic for what seems like forever. I keep sighing, rubbing my forehead. “Calm down baby” Dele rubbed my thigh soothingly, already looking worried himself. My heart leap in joy when the car begins to move again, until a car came out of nowhere and just obstruct everywhere. “Will you fucking get out of the way!” I yelled even if they couldn't hear me.

“It's moving baby, it's moving” Dele stares at with a small smile I could barely return. I tried Maria number again but she still won't fucking pick up!!. I almost angrily throw my phone out of the moving car, Why! Why! Why?! Why isn't she picking?

Oh my god, please be fine.

The road is now finally cleared as the car moved more freely now.  The anxiety soon rushes back in full force, I feel so so so scared of the unknown. It's just so scary that Maria isn't picking up her calls. I mean it's Maria, she'd always pick up.

The car finally pull over at Maria's apartment, I got out of it, running toward the door with Dele fast behind me. I push the door open.....Oh my god!

What the–

I couldn't find the right word, I just stare, unmoving, shocked and confused. Never in a million time was I expecting what I saw before me. It's feels so surreal. Like maybe someone would pour me a bucket of water and wake me up from the dream. I suddenly feel tongue-tied, not even knowing what to say. “You–” I stopped midway. What could I say? How could I express how I feel right now?

I'm so furious, angry, mad at her.

I stare at both of them, my eyes were fixed on my best friend, trying to cover up her naked body. I couldn't even explain how shocked, and surprise I am to see both Maria and Raphael totally naked before me. Not to mention the loud moan she was making when I came through the door. “Why the hell weren't you answering your calls?! I yelled out, finally finding the word.

Am still so surprise to find her and Raphael together this way but, I'm so angry to even call out that fact. I thought something bad had happened! “Ohh. I left my phone in the room and got kinda busy” She shrugged like it's was no big deal. This is just so Maria. “Yeah, you got kinda busy that you couldn't even call to check up on your best friend” I yelled in anger. I feel relieved that she's okay, but that doesn't cover up the fact that I almost had a panic attack because I thought something bad had happened.

“I'm sorry, Okay? It's just when this fine ass man told me how he set you both up” she gestured to me and Dele, “I couldn't help but try to compensate him” She shrugged again.

“C- compensate him with sex? Oh my god, Maria! That's the lamest shit ever!” I exclaimed.

“Well I'm not complaining” she smirked, I roll my eyes. Raphael still wasn't saying anything, his hand was rested around Maria's waist, not a bit bothered that we had caught them. “And moreover, it's seems to work” Maria teases, pointing at us, “Are you both a thing now?” She smirked.

I didn't know what to say as we haven't even talked about it yet. “Yes we are” I looked up at Dele, he smiled, wrapping his arm around me protectively. “Aww. So cute”Maria cooed.

“That still didn't mean am off your case. You should have answered your damn phone! I was scared shitless. I thought I might meet an emergency” Maria held gaze with me for a moment, seeming to understand what I meant. Both boys stare at us curiously, looking lost. “It's wasn't an emergency and I'm fine but it'd never happen again, I promise” I nod my head, finally breathing steadily.

“So......” I look curiously at my best friend and Raphael, “Are you guys a thing now?”

“No we're not a thing” They rush out together, stared at each other and suddenly looked away. Wait... What! Is all mighty Maria blushing?

This might not be a thing now but I'd bet it'd become one soon.

A/N:

Finally at chapter 20 of “I still love him”, how are y'all enjoying it so far?

Who ship Maria and Raphael together? Are they really going to become a thing?

Maria + Raphael= Maraph OR Riaphael. Lmao.

Tell me what you think.