"Oh."

That was all I could let out because I am too surprised to say anything at the moment. I gulped at the thought that I will be meeting the girl I rejected a few months ago.

I don't want it to be awkward between us.

"We also signed this contract to you know..merge both of our companies which means that we'll be doing most of the projects together which are signed either in their or our company."

"Oh I see that's nice as we'll be getting back triple the amount we invested in any project."

"I know right very beneficial and..."

"And...?"

I asked tilting my head to the side but frowned getting confused at the way his expressions changed all of a sudden.

His lips curled up into a teasing smile making me raise my brows at him.

"The contract is that you need to marry Samantha and the engagement is tonight."

I gaped staring at him with a blank expression on still processing what he just said and once I did, I glared at him in disbelief.

"What the heck?"

"Yeah it's a way to seal our deal and also it'll help you both a lot in your own careers."

"I'm sorry I can't...you can find an alternative."

"It won't work like that Rome because I already told them that you're willing to marry Samantha."

"It's not my concern! Who even told you to promise them without discussing about this with me? You know that I am-"

"Don't even utter that word I swear it's annoying!"

I let out a sigh resting my hands on the either side of my hips continuing to glare at him to which he chuckled provokingly.

"I don't fucking care."

"Watch your mouth Rome! Don't forget you're talking to your dad!!"

He slammed his palm on the table glaring back at me. I chuckled shaking my head and looked away crossing my arms over my chest.

"Samantha is everything a guy could ever ask for and so you need to marry her! Trust me you'll get out this phase you are going through once you fall for her."

"You know... I shouldn't have trusted you so blindly when you apologized and said that you take me back. The actual thing I wanted was your acceptance, I wanted you to embrace the real me with love."

"Look, I ain't saying that I'm going to disown you all over again or won't be giving you the position you deserve but...you need to do this for me."

"The selfish man you are dad.. I don't care if you disown me or whatever I am independent and can my live on my own... I don't even need the CEO position if you're doing it for your own sake."

We both continued to glare at each other as I waited for him to speak something but he didn't so I nodded sliding my phone into my back pocket and closed the laptop placing it into the case.

"If you're going at least listen to the consequences not only you but your mom and that little boyfriend of yours are going to face."

I froze once he said the word 'boyfriend'. I turned to face him with a frown on and he laughed like a maniac looking at my reaction.

He knows about Leo?

"Who do you think I am? A fool to not know what you're doing? Your mom kept it away from me too...but I knew about it since a very long time. We literally live in the same city Rome."

I poked my cheek with my tongue getting frustrated with each passing second.

"You don't feel gross to kiss the person of the same gender as you?"

"I don't instead I'm proud of it."

"Tsk."

He clenched his jaw standing up on his feet and walked towards the huge window in my office room.

"Let me make it clear to you. You are dating a guy and I don't like it even one bit, I don't want society to hate on my son and that's the reason I want both you and Samantha to get married.

If you say yes, well and good because I can reassure myself that you're out of your phase and want to be like a real man you are supposed to be.

And if you say no, then I'm going to destroy Leo's life. I swear I won't be harming him physically because I ain't even that cruel but he sure will suffer mentally and emotionally. I have my ways... I'll mentally torture him to that level where he'll go crazy and just kill-"

"Shut up."

"Don't interrupt me."

I fisted my palms controlling myself from yelling at him. The thought of him harming Leo is scaring the heck out of me.

He's already suffering because of me and I don't want to drag him into my mess. I can't afford to lose him... We probably wouldn't go back to how we were but at least I don't want him getting hurt.

"You know how your mom is...she is so passionate about her work and all just like any other women so that's where I'm targeting now. I'll make sure she lose her job and could never get one again. I'm capable of doing that Rome.. Even the company she's working in is under my control."

"You're unbelievable. She's your freaking wife and you want to ruin something she's passionate about!!Why are behaving this way!?"

"It's all because of you! If only you aren't gay then things could have been more easier!!"

"I did nothing it's you and your freaking pea sized brain dad and I swear if you ever try to hurt anyone from mom and Leo, I'll make sure you'll be behind the bars."

He chuckled staring at me in amusement.

"The police are under my control too son I'm that powerful."

I took big steps reaching him and stood in front of him glaring sharply to which he rolled his eyes taking a seat on the couch.

"It's clear that you're scared Rome so just accept that you'll marry Samantha because that way no one would be hurt. It's better you if you get hurt instead of making others suffer right?"

I froze in my place knowing that I'm the weakest here. I wouldn't be able to win against him. He'll hurt Leo and mom which I never once even in my dream want that to happen because of me.

I can't let that to happen to them.

Even if I try to send him to jail then he'll somehow get the bail out by bribing the police officers. So in conclusion, I have no other way but to marry Samantha.

I'm weak.

"Your mom doesn't know about all these but I've convinced her saying that you're interested in this
wedding which actually was the reason why you broke up with Leo so you need to act."

How much more does this man know?

Nothing settled in between Leo and I yet but here I am so close to agreeing for this so called wedding with the girl whom I rejected a few months ago.

I don't want to do this but I need to for keeping Leo safe even if he isn't with me and secure mom's job.

I don't have any way to escape now right?

"So.. What do you say Rome? Yes or no?"

"Yes... I-I will marry Samantha."

"That's like my son."