Chapter - 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Sameer woke up with a jolt of pain in his forehead, and He felt his brain cells working slow for a while. He leisurely opened his heavy eyelids and flipped over the bed to cover his face from the cushion...The thick sunlight was directly scanning upon his disturbed visage, making him groan in annoyance. He sighed slowly, and soon his expressions softened when he saw his wife standing across the window, silently gazing at the chirping birds moving around the radiant sky...Sameer hesitantly rose himself from the bed, moving his feet towards her turned figure. Even after being forgiven by her last night, his heart was confused. Naina looked so thin and delicate with her arms folded over her feminine chest...He stood an inch away and stared at her in agitation.

"Naina." Sameer gathered up the courage and pronounced her beautiful name in a deep husky voice.

"Hmmm...uth gaye?" Naina replied to him, still looking out of the giant window.

"Haan...just abhi." He answered.

"Hangover hai?" She questioned, her tone sounding normal.

"Thoda sa." He replied awkwardly.

"I'll make lemon juice for you," Naina said simply and turned back to face him.

"No need, I am fine," Sameer uttered, in a hurry, and stared at her composed countenance in anxiety.

"Sure?" She reconfirmed, and He nodded.

"So...kab uthi tu?" He asked her in a soft voice.

"Half an hour pehle," Naina replied to him with a plain face.

"Did you cry?" Sameer sensed a fresh stain of valuable liquid on her cheeks.

"No. Why would I cry?" She asked him rather than answering, and the shakiness in her tone was enough to tell him that She was lying.

"Ab mujhse jhoot bolegi?" He looked at her calmly.

"Tumhe aisa kyu lagta hai main royi thi?" Naina questioned him in a weak tone.

"Just...I don't know." Sameer said cluelessly and nervously touched her glassy skin.

"Jab pata nahi toh fir bata kar kya faida?" She mocked and sighed disappointedly.

"We can sort it out. Right?" He suggested.

"Hmmm...we can, but what's the meaning of discussing everything?" Naina said with a small smile, and Sameer gently held her hands, his intense eyes intently scanning her moistened ones.

"Well, that's why we are husband and wife...Right? It's our responsibility to talk about our problems and sort them out together. So come on tell me, what made you cry?" Sameer asked her gentlemanly, and She silently looked down at their hands.

"Wait, did I misbehave with you last night?" He looked at her in horror, and Naina quickly shook her head.

"No, no." She answered him.

"Thank God." Sameer sighed in relief.

Naina raised her head at him and said thoughtfully - "The thing is...I was wondering how easy it is for husbands to say that whatever we did, it wasn't intentional, so don't overreact. They don't realize how uncomfortable we feel when the touch or kiss isn't being done with our consent...Jaise tumne us raat mujhe forcefully kiss kiya tha, aur mera haath pakda hua tha. However you kissed only on my cheek, but still, agar hum ladkiya apne husband ke saath unke hi room me safe feel na kar paye toh aise relationship ka kya matlab hua? I know, you genuinely didn't mean to hurt me...but you did. Right?"