Chapter - 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

The crowd gradually started to diminish, but the remaining ones were having their piece of entertainment by gossiping about Sameer, and his recent argument with his fiance. Heet embarrassedly stared at his family, who let out a sigh of dismay. Sameer absent-mindedly looked up at the shadowy dark sky, his eyes brimming with tears.

"You shouldn't have hurt my friend," Prisha said in a stern voice.

"Kal raat use itna khush kiya, aur aaj yeh sab?" Aashna questioned him with a lace of anger in her voice.

"Chal Aashna...we will go to meet her. She must be crying." Prisha said empathetically, and took a few steps ahead, only to be stopped by a heavy voice - "Main sambhal lunga."

"No need, tum jaoge toh aur royegi woh." Aashna taunted him.

"Look, this is our personal matter, so please don't interfere." Sameer requested them in a polite tone.

"Oh really? Jab itne crowd ke saamne tumne tamasha banaya meri friend ka, tab yaad nahi aaya ki yeh personal matter hai? Uski itni beizzati ki...use rone pe majboor kiya, uska pura birthday kharab kar diya, and now you're telling us not to interfere? Yeh ab tum dono ka personal matter nahi raha hai." Prisha reprimanded him in a baritone, and Aashna lightly patted her back with a proud smile.

"I know, whatever I did in the heat of anger wasn't justified...but I will solve this matter. Please keep yourself away." Sameer said meekly, as He knew he didn't do right with his fiance, and He should immediately go to apologize to her.

Saying the last line. He quickly marched towards the exit entrance, which leads to everyone's rooms. He quickened his pace to reach her in less than no time, and gently tapped on the wooden surface with a hesitant look. Sameer could hear the noise of light sobs coming from inside the room, he again knocked in more restlessness, but there was no response.

"Naina, please open the door." He requested her in a meek tone.

"Please go away," Naina replied to him in a low voice.

"Please ek baar andar aane do, I swear I will not yell at you." Sameer uttered, in a panicked tone, and soon He saw the glimpse of her tear-stricken face.

Naina looked at him through the continuous layers of her precious tear, and Sameer felt his heart sinking with remorse...her eyes looked dull and lifeless, they were covered with only pain and hurt. He lightly caressed her cheek, which was wet due to the warm liquid carelessly falling on her face. She gasped when He touched her, and it made him feel even more sinner. He quickly drew back his hand and stared at her crestfallen visage with an emotional smile. Naina reversed her steps, and weakly walked towards the edge of the bed. She stood facing him back, her heart throbbing wildly with a sensation of shiver. Sameer was hesitant to go inside, but if He had to end this matter and get her forgiveness. Then he has to be a little courageous. He simply closed the door and halted his feet a few distances away from her figure.

"Naina...I am sorry." Sameer finally gathered up the courage and said in a soft voice.

"I was furious...I wasn't in my senses...I swear. Jo bhi maine kaha woh sab kuch sirf gusse me, I didn't mean to hurt you. Please try to understand me. Naina." He spoke with an anxious face, and Naina slowly turned herself in front of his frightened expressions.

"Did you give me a chance to explain myself? Did you try to understand me?" She questioned him with an expressionless face, and He lowered his head in response.

"Hum akele baat kar sakte the na? Jhagda kar lete mujhse...daant lete haq se...sabke saamne meri beizzati karne ki kya zarurat thi? Kya zarurat thi sabko cheekh cheekh kar batane ki ke aapne mere liye kya kiya hai?" Naina asked him in an enraged tone, and Sameer had no words to express his resentment at himself for degrading his fiance ahead of strangers and her acquaintances.