Chapter - 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼

"Abhi nahi," Naina said meekly.

"Ok." Sameer drew back his head unwillingly.

"Why did you hire Bhavya as our photographer?" She asked him in a stern voice.

"What do you mean? He is quite renowned...and I liked the aesthetic and appealing pictures on his Insta page, so I thought of hiring him." Sameer replied to her casually.

"Don't lie! I know, aapne jaan bujh kar yeh sab kiya hai." Naina accused him in an infuriated tone.

"Haan...kiya hai maine yeh sab kuch jaan bujh kar." He looked at her exasperatedly, and there was dead silence between them. She didn't say anything after their discussion. Sameer drove silently to her home, his facial expressions were solemn and quite annoyed.

He stopped the car, glanced at her grief-stricken face, and explained in a calm voice - "I wanted you to come out of your past...I wanted to remove the word of Awkwardness and Uncomfortable from your dictionary in the presence of your ex-family...Ab bata mujhe, maine kuch galat kiya? Jab woh log tere kuch lagte hi nahi toh kyu unki moujudgi se tujhe itni problem hoti hai? Do you still feel something for Vivaan? Do you still love him?"

"No, I don't love him...but can you even imagine. Bhavya mera ex devar hai, uske saamne humne kaisi photography karwayi hai. I am feeling too embarrassed now." She said irritatingly, and Sameer rubbed his forehead in annoyance.

"Why embarrassed? It's not that you're cheating on Bhavya's brother...you guys aren't together anymore, so why this awkwardness? Aur usne sirf apna kaam kiya hai, maine paise diye, usne humari photography ki. That's it. What's the big deal? Insaan ko waise bhi apni personal aur professional life alag rakhni chahiye hai...Agar suppose tere boutique me Vivaan ke ghar se koi aayega kuch lene, toh kya tu unhe nikal dengi?" Sameer asked her with a collected expression, and Naina argued in a low voice - "Ufff aap toh samjh hi nahi rahe hai. Kapde dikhane me, aur Romantic photography karne me bahut difference hai Sameer."

"Hadh hain...why are you quarreling with me for that cheap guy?" He questioned her in a raised voice.

"He isn't cheap." She corrected him in a firm voice.

"Those who didn't value you, are cheap only for me," Sameer said in a stern voice, and Naina shook her head in disbelief.

"Now stop debating with me, otherwise I'll leave you here only." He threatened her so that She could stop lecturing him for his mistake.

"No problem...jao, in fact, main khud hi utar jati hoon," Naina said confidently, and almost unlocked the door, but A strong hand clasped around her wrist, and She turned back to look at the beast in a human form.

"Look Naina, it's very difficult for me to control my anger...So please don't provoke me to do something in rage for which both of us will regret later. Chup chap baith...and don't dare to talk about Vivaan and his brother, I sincerely request you." Sameer talked to her in a dangerous tone, and his sharp eyes were enough to shudder her to the core.

"Uncomfortable unhe feel hota hai jinke dil me ab bhi kuch ho uske liye...ya us se jude kisi insaan ke liye. Ab mujhe hi meri ex ke saath kaam karne kaha ho, toh I don't have any problem...because I have no feelings for her. I truly love you, and there's no one in my heart except you, so please tu bhi sirf meri banke reh na...kyu Vivaan ko itna yaad karti hai? Hai kya usme aisa?" He softened his tone, and looked at her agitated visage with sorrow coated in his almond-shaped eyes.

"Kuch nahi hai usme...now end this matter. I don't want to spoil anything between us." Naina said in a gentle voice, and Sameer uttered, in a loving tone - "I am sorry for refreshing your wounds, but this was important...Tu fir apne past se ya uske related logo se kabhi face-off nahi kar pati, tujhe humesha unke chehre dekh kar hi darr lagne lag jata, at least now...you won't feel much uncomfortable and awkwardness. I have seen you during our shoots, how boldly and confidently you were giving expressions. How courageously you allowed me to hold you closer to myself in the presence of your ex devar...It tells you have started to adapt to your new lifestyle, and now it doesn't matter to you at all ki tere saamne tere past se connected kaun hai aur kaun nahi. Am I right or wrong?"