Chapter - 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Next-Day In Morning Naina got up at 8:30 Am, and her chest puffed with a feeling of pride. Never in her life has she woke up before 9:00 Am, but today She was up without anyone's constant reminder. She smiled and slid off herself from the bed...opening the wardrobe to get an outfit. She rummaged through a couple of clothes and finally took out one light green dress with a floral design printed on the fabric. It had a belt of the same color, and the dupatta was shaded with white and pastel green...She quickly went to take a shower, and meanwhile, Sameer stirred in his sleep as he felt bereft of her warmth and closeness. He annoyingly opened his drowsy eyes and scanned the entire room to find the familiar quintessential figure. But She was nowhere in his sight...He sat up in a jerk, and soon his ears were blessed with the gentle music of water. He sighed in relief and bit his lower lip with a cute smile.

Naina was done with her bathing, and so She walked out of the bathroom with a fluffy sky blue towel in her left hand. She gave a gentle smile to her husband while walking towards the attached balcony...She spread the wet towel on the rope and took the warmness of sunlight on her freshly-bathed face...Sameer leaned his masculine figure against the wood surface, admiring his wife. He whistled to grab her attention, and as expected Naina looked back at him in a swift motion. He approached her while saying - "No good morning kiss...and Mrs.Rathod ready bhi hoke aagayi?"

"Mrs.Rathod sirf aapki wife nahi balki is ghar ki daughter-in-law bhi hai." Naina winked at him, and Sameer acknowledged her words.

"Par is ghar ki daughter-in-law toh aap tabhi bani na jab humne aapko humari biwi banne ka mauka diya?" Sameer blocked ways for her to escape, as He placed his strong arms on the railing, staring at her with a lopsided smile.

"Toh aap chahte hai hum aapki mummy ko naraz kar de?" She asked him playfully, and the mirth of his face vanished.

"Yaar...sara mood off kar diya tune mummy ka naam lekar." Sameer stepped back in annoyance, and Naina giggled. She quickly pecked his cheek, and whispered in his ear in a seductive voice - "Abhi ke liye yeh rakh lo...baki ka raat ko mil jayega."

"Ok jaan...I will wait." He said with a sweet smile and left a kiss on the top of her head.

Naina sprinted away in a hurry and saw her mother-in-law serving breakfast to her husband and Reha. Oh No! She is again late. She looked at them with calm composure, and Anita ushered her daughter-in-law to have her meal. Naina hesitantly pulled a chair for herself beside Reha, and Sameer also joined them, still in his nightclothes. His mother thought with a displeased face but remained silent...Naina took the knife from the cutlery set, and gently spread the yellow butter on the bread, offering it to her husband. He smiled and took it from her hands, nibbling on the soft crumbly food. She continued passing bread butter to mostly everyone, and now only two were left. She sighed and repeated the process with a tired expression. Sameer slurped on his tea while having a business talk with his father. Reha already left for her college, and Anita sat there, with a poker face.

"Aaj raat ka khana tum banaogi beta...kuch guests aa rahe hai humare ghar tumse milne, aur woh chahte hai ki tum hi unhe kuch bana kar khilao." Anita threw an unexpected bomb on Naina, who was diligently having her food. She cast a glance at her mother-in-law and pretended to look confident.

"Kya kya banana hai?" Naina asked her in a low voice while gulping down.

"Jo tumhe acha lage...waise meri behen ko toh Shahi Paneer bahut pasand hai, aur meethe me Gajar ka halwa." Anita said with a simple smile, and Naina nodded her head in agreement.

"Sirf aapki behen aa rahi hai?" She questioned.

"Nahi! Unke husband...3 bache, aur unki bahu bhi." Anita informed her.