Chapter - 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

Naina set an alarm for 4:00 Am before sleeping, and her lips had a mischievous smile. Thankfully Sameer was feeling tired and drowsy from dancing carelessly for almost two hours, and so He fell asleep in an instant. She woke up once the thunderous sound echoed closer to her ears, at first She tried to stop the alarm...but suddenly her eyes opened with a jerk, and She hastily moved the quilt from her body. Naina glanced back at her husband, who was sleeping on his stomach like an innocent baby. She adored his cuteness for a moment, and then silently, taking care to not break any flower vase as it happens in movies and daily soap dramas. She walked out of the room, and straightway went into the kitchen. She knew her mother-in-law wouldn't wake up before 5/5:30 Am, and She had one hour to accomplish her work.

Naina kept looking back for assurance that no one was awake till now. This was the first time she was doing something like this to have fun, but Anita deserved this for creating a misunderstanding between her and Sameer. Her mother-in-law could have simply told him the truth that She went to her own boutique for work, and wasn't wandering on the streets like a lost soul. But no, this lady was taking her morning revenge for bickering with her dear son. Naina took a deep sigh while checking her phone periodically to know about the time. It was 4:35 Am by now, and She quickened her speed to finish the leftover work. Naina cleaned the platform neatly and took one square-shaped box with her inside the room. She mentally patted her back for being quick enough to wrap her work within one hour. She hid the container at some safe place where her husband couldn't find it, and silently lay down on the mattress, wrapping the quilt again on her body.

After some time - Anita stood outside of the door of Samaina, and gently knocked - "Naina...utho beta...6:30 baj gaye hai."

Naina was expecting this, that is why She didn't sleep after completing her task. She slowly rose from the bed and walked off to open the door. She acted to be in a deep slumber, and Anita smiled at her...She ushered her daughter-in-law to join her in the kitchen, and Naina unwillingly nodded her head in agreement. She slipped her feet in the plush black slippers and pretended to take heavy steps towards the cooking area because of sleepiness. Anita kneaded the dough and asked Naina to start preparing half of the recipe of tea and coffee for Reha.

Anita was making a round-shaped roti on the flat surface by using a rolling pin, and Naina was patiently-impatiently waiting for the fun to begin. Anita gave her the chapati, and Naina roasted it, or let me rephrase it, burnt it intentionally, making her mother-in-law enraged. She kept quiet and continued giving her the flattened dough which Naina over-roasted, which resulted in burning some of its parts. In Rathod Parivaar, no one prefers Jali Hui Rotiyan...everyone needs it to be roasted properly and shapely. Only a few dough balls were left now, and so Anita stood up and scolded her in a bitter tone - "Ek bhi kaam tumse theek se nahi hota...jao bahar...main bana lungi dusri rotiyan, aur yeh sab jo jali hui haina. Use kisi aur dabbe me rakh do kisi gareeb ko dene me kaam aayega."

Naina listened to her lecture with a fake apologetic expression, and quietly transferred all the burnt chapati in the plastic container. Anita shook her head with a reflection of repulsion in her eyes and resumed her work. Naina chopped the fresh vegetables diligently (which she kinda likes doing for timepass) and made sabzi. Anita asked her to make sandwiches for breakfast, as Reha might wake up anytime soon. Naina reluctantly agreed to do this work as well and took out the bowl of coriander chutney and tomato ketchup packet. She couldn't believe she was burning her skin under the intense heat of the stove. She never thought Marriage meant spending your entire life around the kitchen and its chores.

Anita looked at her daughter-in-law, moving the knife gently on the bread. She smiled, and said - "Main nahane jaa rahi hoon...tum bhi fresh hoke aa jao, fir breakfast hi karna baki rahega."

SINDOOR - The Journey Of A Girl : Season 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara