Chapter - 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

The married couple stood up to earn blessings from their families, and Naina held the pallu of her dupatta while inclining down towards her in-laws. They patted their heads affectionately, and Samaina somehow managed to touch everyone's feet...Naina was feeling excessively exhausted, and on top of that this heavy lehenga was vanishing away her remaining energy. Now it was time for Bidaai, and Her family and friends were already in tears. Naina weakly approached her emotional mother and gently wiped away her precious tears from her fingers. Varsha's lips were quivering looking at her own daughter in a bridal dress, ready to bid adieu to them and begin a new chapter of her life with Sameer. She caressed her grief-stricken visage lovingly, and placed a few kisses all over her face, making Naina shed a bucket of expensive liquid in pain.

"Zyada kuch nahi kahugi. Bas apna dhyan rakhna beta." Varsha uttered, in a heavy voice, and Naina nodded her head in agreement through the continuous drops of water escaping out of her glowing eyes.

"Aap bhi." Naina raised her mother's wrinkled-coated palm, rested it on her warm cheek, and dropped a tender kiss on her wrist with closed eyes.

Naina walked towards her Father, who compromised to look over her weeping face. She said nothing and just kept her head on his chest, asking for nothing but just a warm hug before She became Parayi Dhan for him. Subhash unknowingly lifted his trembling hands, and wrapped them over his daughter's back, holding her closer to his unstably beating heart. He couldn't articulate his feelings in words at seeing his own doll being acknowledged as someone's wife now. She was as small as a beautiful barbie when He took her in his comforting arms and worshiped her closed eyes with a beaming smile. He still explicitly could remember that joyful day of his life, when Naina was born out of his beloved wife. Subhash had always been considerate and loving towards his daughters, especially Naina. Tonight while giving her hand to Sameer. He felt as if was giving away a piece of his heart, which he kept in preservation with utmost care and affection.

"Khush rehna beta...aur koi bhi zarurat lage toh tere papa zinda hai abhi...Mujhe bata dena bina dare." Subhash said in a soft voice and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Please apna dhyan rakhna Papa, please." Naina requested him in a meek tone, and He solemnly promised her through his damp eyes.

Harsh blinked his eyes hard to stronger himself, but as soon as his younger sister decked in a beautiful bridal dress came, and stood in front of him...his resolution to not cry weakened, and heartbeats quickened in a flash of a moment. Naina sucked in a deep breath, before folding her soft hands around him. Harsh clenched his fist behind his back, endeavoring to not wrap them on her delicate body. His sister continued seeking comfort and solace in his arms, but tonight, except for grief and pain she wouldn't find anything. Naina slowly raised her head at him, staring at his blank face with a gentle smile.

"Aakhri baar gale nahi lagaoge apni bitto ko?" Naina asked him in a soft voice.

Harsh slightly opened his mouth in despondency, and She could see him struggling to restrain his tremble. Naina always thought he didn't want to express his emotions to her, or He wasn't confident enough to do that. She almost turned to go, but a mild touch on her wrist glued her feet, and Harsh gently pulled her back towards him and embraced her petite figure tightly and securely in his arms. Naina felt herself on the top of the sky when her elder brother, who had always been shy and inexpressive towards his own family, hugged her in the presence of everyone...She pressed her nose against his chest, and Harsh was breathing heavily under her skin. He felt a sudden emptiness enveloping his heart. Who will annoy him now? Who will be his crime partner? Who will snatch away his part of food without an ounce of guilt? Who will watch cartoons with him in the middle of the night? Who will dance around the entire house in enthusiasm? Who will fill the void of her vivacious character? No one can ever take her place in their family. Naina was someone who always loved each of them selflessly and unconditionally.