Chapter - 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

At Night, Subhash was pleased to see his daughter at his place but what made him tense was her dull and colorless face. He wasn't at home in the morning because his appointment was scheduled with Dr.Pathak for his improvement, and so He went there with his best friend for the check-up...now when he came back from the clinic, he was very delighted to share the news with his family that He is recovering speedily...but their worried faces took away his happiness in a moment.

Everyone was gathered to have dinner, and Naina could hardly eat one spoonful of rice. She wasn't able to swallow down because of the thorns of pain in her throat...she even had a drop of warm liquid in her eyes, but She controlled them in front of everyone and ate her food silently.

"Kya kaha Dr.Pathak ne?" Varsha asked her husband with keen interest.

"Unhone kaha bahut fast recovery ho rahi hai meri...aur agar aise hi chalta raha toh bahut jald main pehle jaisa ekdum fit hoke chal pauga," Subhash informed his wife with a mirthful expression, and Naina sighed in relief, at least something good happened today.

"Yeh sab sirf Sameer ji aur unke parivaar ki wajah se ho paya hai, unhone humari naina ko itna pyaar diya...itna samman diya ke main apne purane sare dard aur gam bhool gaya." He said with a sweet smile, and Naina immediately choked on her food when She heard her father mentioning her husband and in-laws' family. She gulped down water in anxiety, and this was enough to tell Harsh and Varsha that the matter was related to her new family.

"Kya hua beta?" Subhash asked his daughter softly.

"Kuch nahi papa, woh gale me kuch atak gaya tha," Naina said with a small smile and rose from the chair to avoid making this happy atmosphere into awkwardness.

"Naina ko kuch hua hai kya? Woh itni chup chap kyu thi?" Subhash queried his wife and son with a bewildered face, and Varsha cajole him - "Aap yeh sab mat sochiye, aapki health ke liye acha nahi hai...kuch nahi hua hai use, bas thak gayi hai thodi si...kal tak theek ho jayegi."

Subhash nodded slightly and anxiously glanced at the closed door of his daughter's bedroom. He could foresee the unpleasant events waiting for them to face, which would crack their hearts into several pieces. He sighed slowly and resumed his eating unwillingly.

Naina was soullessly staring at the infinite blanket of dark clouds shading the sky, and the shadowy night gave a derisive smile to her for trusting someone again. She closed her swollen eyes to let the rain of heartbreak and miseries trickle down on her soft cheeks, and imagined her life with Sameer before marriage, smooth, and flexible. Even if they argued they mend their ways by the end of the night, but ever since they got married things changed between them and their attitudes. They do express that they love each other immensely, but still the ego issue was more significant for them than their precious relationship. Naina felt the salty warmness caressing her somber face, and She asked for nothing but everything to get back to normal. She can't let her family drown in the sea of extreme embarrassment and humiliation once more, they already faced so much stuff than words can say during Vivaan's time...now they don't have enough vitality to deal with such delicate matters and conflicts.

"Bhabhi." A familiar voice echoed in the vicinity, and Naina promptly composed herself and looked back at her favorite brother-in-law.

"I know...I don't have any right to interfere in your personal matters, but trust me. Kal raat Sameer ki koi galti nahi thi." Bhavin said with a tensed face, and Naina listened to him calmly.

"I only planned to have a beer party at his home." He continued, expecting a reply from his bhabhi.

"So?" She asked him bitterly.