28

Laurielle's POV

The footsteps became faster and it's quickly getting nearer.Through my spatial awareness skill i saw a tall black knight with a longsword running towards us at full speed.

I pointed my longsword at the darkness where the enemy is coming from and Crescia stepped forward holding her golden staff with her hands.

She twirl her staff  a couple of times while mumbling her prayers."Holy Ray of Light."She chanted and the staff emits the familiar bright yellow light.It produce a blinding light that turns into a ray of light.

The ray of light was released from Crescia's staff and the light traveled through the darkness at full speed in a straight direction.I saw how the black knight tried to sliced the ray of light but it failed and he got pushed back further away from us.

Crescia's spell really works at them the best.

I glances at Crescia."Now buff Nort-"I stopped and my eyes widen in shock when i saw Essos standing just behind her.I enchanted my whole body in complete urgency.

You have been enchanted

All starts will increased by 100%

How did this bastard get here?I couldn't sensed it even Crescia!

Vital Slash Activated✓

I slashed him at full speed and he just used his staff to blocked my sword attacks.His staff looks horrible,it was made out of solid body parts of numerous humans.The body of the staff is made out of thickened human flesh and is embedded with eyes,finger,ears and tonques.The top of his staff is a beating pitch black heart.

North who was surprised for a moment charged at Essos who decided to jump away from us.North grabbed Crescia and put her behind his back.

"H-how... "I heard Crescia asked but was still speechless on what happened.I stepped forward and pointed my longsword at Essos who's looking at us.

He looks human except for his skin that was black,his long straight hair was colored white and his glowing green eyes.He was also wearing a noble attire with the darkest shade of black and green.He looks like he ruled a huge region of land when he was still a human.

"A group of annoying insects walked right into my turf again."Essos spoked.

This is the difference between a Lich and an Arclich.Liches are bone freaks with no personalities while Arcliches retains their human appearances and egos.Essos seems to be prideful yet a hateful guy to whoever trespass his territory.

"Say that again when you don't look like you smeared shit all over your body."I stated.

Sprint skill activated✓

I sprinted and attacks him.He used his annoying staff again to block my slashes.It became a series of attacking and defending while the two of us remained at our places.

He's faster than me but..

Vital slash activated✓

I hit him with vital slash using my staff and i landed the first.I crouched down and kicks him on the stomach but he jumped away from me.

North have been blessed.

All stats his will
increased by 50%

North is temporarily resistant to curses.

North jumped above of Essos and swang down his hammer.Essos blocked the warhmmer with his staff but he got pushed back.He's struggling at North's attack probably because of Crescia's divine buff.

"Sprint."I sprinted and aims at his chest and stomach."Vital slash."I slashed his chest non-stop and he groaned in pain.

"Busting Fist."North charged again from behind me and punched Essos' face with an overwhelming arm strength.Essos eyes grew wide in pain and got blasted away.

"Did we get him?"Tanong ni North.I used my spatial awareness skill and immediately grabbed North behind me."What?"Gulat na tanong niya sa akin.

The black knight leaped of the darkness holding his long sword with his hands.He strikes and i blocked it with my longsword and staff.The impact pushed me and he dragged me back.My jaw clenched and i pushed him away instead.

Essos' Noble Knight
Level 50
Rank: A

Level 50!?He's stronger than Essos?

He swing his longsword on the air then charged at me again.I rushed back to him and we started exchanging sword attacks.He's strong as hell,i can feel my muscles screaming in pain due to the agonizing vibrations of the impact.

Whenever i parry his attacks i can feel the weight of my sword and his sheer power and strength.This knight is currently stronger than me,not just in rank but in level too.

I jumped back when Essos fired the same green light at me.North rushed beside me while eyeing Essos as he walked beside his knight.

"He's a strong one isn't he?"Tanong ni Essos at hinawakan ang balikat ng alagad niya."His strength is equivalent to the five thousand soldiers earlier.The Soul Warding Magic is not perfect but i was able to produce a pawn that its strength exceeded mine."Essos stated and explained.

"Yeah yeah want me to clap for you??"I asked and he just ignored me and leaned over his knight.

"Kill the priestess and come back to me."He commanded and i immediately sprinted and attacks his knight before it do something unexpected again.

He blocked my attack and we started pinning against each other with our longswords.North charged at Essos who casted a barrier spell infront of him.North's attack got blocked but he continued on attacking him.

"Fool,don't even think you can scratched me again."Essos said as he watches North held his warhammer tightly.

"Air Slash."North slashed the barrier with a skill and it shattered.He attacks Essos who started parrying his warhammer in annoyance.

Essos is struggling with him and is getting pushed back.

Essos,Lord of the Undead
Level 45
Rank: A
HP: 7,564/15,000

Huh?

How and when did his health plummeted like that?I don't remember any attacks that caused him such severe damage.

Essos' Noble Knight
Level 50
Rank: A
HP: 19,304/20,000

I see,i get it now.

Essos casted a soul absorbtion spell earlier that's clearly out his capabality.So he bargained his life force to create a powerful warrior that could protect him and fight for him from his enemies that are stronger than him.

It makes sense now why he's struggling dealing with North alone.

-To be continued...