Sasha

Chapter 18                                       
Meeting Ziira                                       

It was a Monday morning at 7:00 am and nobody was awake. I got my truck back from the science lab and I'm now driving away to grab some food for the dogs and girls because we are almost out. It's still dark outside. The only one awake besides me is Husky, he is waiting at the campsite making sure everyone stays safe. I am very lonely right now. Nobody is driving with me. It's very dark and quiet.
    I'm in the store and in the distance I can hear the zombies growling in the back. The food is at the front of the store so this should be a little easier. I don't want to fight any zombies right now so I am going to try and be quiet and hurry this up.
    I heard a faint howl and knew it wasn't only me so I grabbed the food and ran out of there as fast as possible because I did not want to run into anyone.
    I got into my truck and started to drive off as fast as humanly possible. A few minutes away from the campsite I heard another howl and again knew I wasn't alone. I could tell the howl was after me because once I got out of the parking lot I heard it run out of the store.
    Finally back to the campsite but the howl is still nearby so I have to run so it doesn't know where everyone is at. We need to stay (especially in the apocalypse) where there are zombies almost everywhere you look.
    "Hey, Sasha! Why are you in such a hurry?" I heard Heather asking me once I got back.
"Hi, a thing was following me over to the campsite. I think I lost it though, at least I hope so." I said back looking concerned.
    Heather immediately woke up everyone and told them we have to go on the sled and find Luna.
    We got onto the sled and started to find Luna. We had really high hopes but were unsure if we would get to find her. At this point I was almost ready to just run away and be alone. Two of my friends are dead and two of my dogs are dead and of course, my mom and dad and eldest sister are also indeed dead.
    "I hear someone in the distance." Ellie said faintly I told them to stay here while I go and find the voice that Ellie heard. I started walking away after I grabbed all my weapons. I walked North then turned so I was going North-West. I found a cave with a fire so I knew someone was close by.
    I heard the noise of chopping wood and then freaked out. It was Luna and another person. I asked her who and she said her new friend, Ziira. She was very interesting. I didn't know what to think about her but I knew I would have to get used to it.
    I grabbed Luna and Ziira and we headed over to the sled. Ziira kept telling me all these things about when she was younger it was really cool. Ziira was a new best friend and I felt we were going to get along, same with the rest of the group.
    We got back to the group and they all got super scared but excited at the same time, excited to see a new person. The first time they have seen a new normal person in a long time, especially with the apocalypse going on. We started going and we were back on the road.