Luna

Chapter 15
My Screams Go Up To Las Vegas

There were flames everywhere, the smoke puffing up into the air. My eyes were blurry and I just kept hearing a long ringing noise. I looked around. The helicopter was on fire, at least it looked like it my eyes were still blurry. I kept hearing muffled shrieks, then I remembered: We crashed, Gem was dead, we knew for a fact Joana was dead, the lab blew up, I remember Sasha yelling something about Trouble and Lucky but I was crying too hard in the helicopter to even realize what she had screamed.
I got my head back; Fire everywhere. I sat up and the ringing and blurry sight stopped.
"Guys get away, it's gonna blow!" Someone yelled.
"Heather's still trapped in there!"
"Shoot where's Luna!"
The dogs kept barking and I saw Leader hop into the blazing flames to save Heather. I was about to shoot up and get everyone away before it blew but I couldn't, I couldn't move. I looked at my leg and gently touched it. Pain all over. It was broken or sprained for sure.
"Somebody help!" I yelled with my eyes welding up.
"Where are you Luna!" I heard Megan call.
"Over here! Over here..."
"I'm right here Luna," Came two voices that matched and spoke at the same time, "We were always with you."
I looked around quickly. Blazing flames everywhere, and two girls. Curly red hair, same outfit, holding a stuffed animal zombie. It was their favorite one since they were two. Sila and Misty. The stuffed animal just had to be a zombie. But they weren't zombies, they were normal, alive, breathing. They survived.
"S-Sila? Misty?" I began to slowly crawl towards them with my legs not working. Tears rolled down my cold cheeks, "Sila! Misty!"
"Hello, Luna." They said when I got to their feet with their little princess shoes.
All my bones hurt and my tears dripped onto their shoes, "Sila, Misty." I was panting hard and the pain wouldn't stop. I looked at their ankles, something wasn't right. Their skin tone, it wasn't a pasty white and covered in freckles, it...it was red. Red blood.
I looked up at their faces. They were zombies now. There was a bite in Misty's hand and a hole in Sila's head where the zombie bit it open.
"Would you like to be a zombie too?" They chanted.
"No! No! No!" I screamed covering my ears and the next thing I knew it they were gone and Megan was helping me up.
"Luna! Luna!" She yelled, shaking me. "Oh my god what is that?!?!?!"
I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying. I felt light-headed and had no idea what just happened. My brain was playing tricks on me.
"Luna! Luna! Snap out of it!"
I wondered why I didn't wake up in the helicopter like everyone else, then I had a flash. When the helicopter was doing its maniac spins the door ripped off, everyone else was buckled into something but I was on the floor with the dogs. It was going so quickly that I went flying out of the helicopter. Penny grabbed me but the speed was stronger and I flew out of her arms. I grabbed the railing of the helicopter but when It crashed I went flying away. I'm surprised I'm not dead. It just went BOOM, then blank.
"Oh my god Luna what is that!?!? In your leg!" Megan said once more at my stupidness. I looked at my leg that might have been sprained or broken and didn't even notice this before. A sharp metal piece was stabbing into my shin. I felt the pain once I saw it.
"OH MY GOD!!!" I didn't know what to do, there was too much going on in my life.
"Okay, we need to get you out of here before this thing blows." She was right, we were very close to the blazing helicopter. I wrapped an arm around her and she helped me up. I had to limp on one leg. The pain wouldn't stop and it was like I was paralyzed.
I never really realized all the times Megan was there for me. She was the first one I met in the group and we're still besties to this day. I met her in kindergarten, Gem too. Oh god, I'm never gonna see Gem ever again...not Gem. I met Mia and Sasha in 3rd grade, and Joana, Heather, Ellie, and Penny in 5th. I'm never gonna see Joana again too. I already lost two friends and all my family. I won't lose anyone else.
Although I've only been friends with some of them for 3 years it's like I've known them my whole life. Megan was my first friend, besides my first dog which I sadly had to give away. The pain in my leg was getting worse and that's when I knew it was infected.
"Huh wait," I said stopping Megan from walking on, "Heathers still in the helicopter!"
Without warning, I pushed Megan away and started limping towards the helicopter, "Luna n-" She was cut off by me crashing to the floor, but I got back up again and was limping around like a maniac.
"Heather!" And before Megan could run up to me and talk some smack a blast of flames went everywhere around the helicopter, cutting me off from the rest of the group.
"No! Heather! Luna! Leader!" I heard Penny scream. Heather and Penny were close, I didn't want them to get ripped apart.
"We can't lose you guys too!" Mia yelled. I felt even more bad for Mia when Gem died...They were like two peas in a pod.
"Gem and...Joana..."
I looked back at them through the flames. Every single bone in my body hurt and blood poured out of my leg. I looked back at the blazing helicopter. I heard Leader barking inside for help.
"Heather..."
I started limping towards the helicopter. "No guys!" Someone called and they were trying to find a way past the flames. I limped and limped and climbed up the side of the burning metal. I screamed once I touched it but kept fighting through. My hands were burning but I didn't care anymore if I lived or died. I had to let the rest of my friends live. I couldn't lose anyone else, they already lost all of their family like me. Sasha was the only one who had a sibling left, Ashley and Zach.
If Ashley was never alive in the first place I would've not known Sasha. The story of me meeting Sasha was simple: Ameal and I were taking a bus because mom and dad couldn't drive us to our Kick-Boxing tournament all the way down in Las Vegas. Ashley and Sasha were there on the bus too. Ashley accidentally bumped into Ameal and then they started chattering off and like became buddies in the 30 min they were there. Sasha and I just stood there not knowing what to do but watch. I was in 3rd grade at the time. Sasha got out her phone and began to look at it, a minute later she broke out laughing so hard and everyone looked at her. She showed me, Ameal, and Ashley what she was laughing at so hard and it was a headless chicken hopping on top of a fat sea lion. That made me nearly roll on the floor laughing. Ameal and Ashley didn't get it and didn't really find it funny but then me and Sasha began to look at more funny memes. Then we talked, and became friends. But if Ashley never bumped into Ameal, I wouldn't know Sasha and this whole experience would be different.
Anyway back to the burning helicopter. I fell inside and landed on a bunch of broken glass. It just had to be on its side. Heather was lying on the floor, blood all over, she was unconscious. Leader was trying to get her up but his paws were bleeding from the glass. Poor boy. He whined at me for help.
I crawled through the glass, my hands and knees getting sliced and cut open. I know I mentioned this before...but Heather had really big frizzy hair...and there was fire. I made it over to them and I could've sworn the helicopter was gonna blow right there. But something even worse happened.
Her
Hair
Caught
On
FIRE
"OH MY GOD!!!" I yelled as the fire spread. Leader quickly grabbed a sharp piece of glass and tossed it to me. I chopped her hair off and tossed it into the front seat. Her hair was very uneven and that's why I would make a horrible hairstylist.
It reminded me of a time when Ameal and I were very little and Ameal got her first pair of scissors. She was so excited and wanted to test them out...on me. We were playing hairstylists. I was only like 2 and she was around 4-5 ish so we didn't know better. We hid under the table and she cut my hair so uneven we had to go to a professional hairstylist to get it fixed. I guess it ran in the family because Heather's hair was not looking that good.
I warped my arms around her and tried to stand up, I fell right back down. Leader noticed the ginormous metal piece sticking out of my shin and he looked at me and barked, probably saying, "What is wrong with you! You try saving her and you can't even walk! Where's Sasha!"
"I don't know boy, I don't know."
Leader began to lick Heather's face hoping she would get up. I won't let them die. I stood up holding Heather and leaning against the wall so I didn't put all my weight on my hurt leg. My hands were burnt and bleeding everywhere, my knees were cut open, there was a metal thing sticking into my bone and wouldn't stop bleeding, and blood dripped down the side of my head and I was covered in ash.
"Leader go!" and he hopped out of the helicopter avoiding the fire and landed on the other side, "Catch boy!" and with all my might threw Heather up and over while Leader caught her.
I climbed out the side of the helicopter and poked my head out. Fire everywhere. Talk about a zombie attraction. The girls found the door of the helicopter and used it as a bridge to get across the fire. I hopped out and face-planted, my leg was too weak to land on my feet. I was losing too much blood. Too quickly. My leg felt like a sock. Nothing in it at all.
I crawled over to Heather and Leader and picked Heather up. I threw her over my shoulders and my legs wobbled. I had to get her away from the helicopter. I took one step and nearly fell. Leader got by my side and supported me so I wouldn't fall. The girls were running towards me and I heard voices. I turned my head to the side. Sila and Misty stood there like zombies.
"We asked you to play with us before we became like this, Luna," They chanted and I nearly fell but Leader supported me, "Now look at what you did."
"Save." Sila said.
"Us." Misty finished.
Then the helicopter blew up behind us into dark flames and we went flying.