CHAPTER 43

After having that chat with Niamh and just comforting her I went back to bed. That's what she needed, she didn't want to show her mom or her brother how upset she really was because she thought she would be putting more pressure on them. So I'm so glad I spoke to her because her speaking with her mom will make her feel so much better.

I went back to bed after and Noah was just sat watching the film. I get back into bed and we both go to sleep considering it was late.

we both have just woken up and I was on my phone on my side while Noah was beside me just starring up, obviously something on his mind.

I turn to face him and see him starring at the ceiling, thinking deeply. I turn myself round fully and turn my phone off to speak to him.

"what are you thinking about?" I say gently moving closer to him so I'm lying on the side of his chest and he puts his arm around my waist.

"just about today" he says in a soft voice still starring at the ceiling, thinking.

Today was the day of his dads funeral. so it was understandable why he was acting like this, and it was okay. he needs to process everything that's happened, and I wanted to support him.

I grab his hand and interlock our fingers which makes his gaze fall on me with a smile forming on his face.

"I'll be with you, every step of the way. you know that" I say looking into his eyes with a smile showing him he has my support.

"I love you" he says just above a whisper bringing his hand to my cheek.

I smile at the gesture and stare into his eyes again.

"we should get up" I say in the tired voice I had which makes him loosen his grip on my waist so I can get up and he gets up as well.

I make his bed all nice for him, you know what they say. The first thing you do when you get up is make your bed. The first task of the day.

I get ready and I was wearing this tight, nice fitting black dress. with my hair in loose curls.

Noah was wearing a black suit with a black tie. He left his hair because his hair looked amazing without anything being done to it.

We both head downstairs to see Leo not listening at all and his mom getting a little bit stressed. Niamh was dressed in a black dress and was eating her breakfast a little quietly.

I thought it was a good idea to help with Leo because of how stressed his mom was getting.

I walk over to him and get to his level to talk to him.

"hey, why don't we get dressed and then you can show me your rawr rawr again okay" I say taking his hand so I can take him to get dressed.

as I'm walking up the stairs Noah gives me a smile.

I get Leo dressed and he's a little more calm now. we both head downstairs to everyone being ready by the door.

"are we ready?" his mom says breaking the silence and we all nod.

we all head into his moms car and we head to where the funeral was. Noah was sat next to me and Leo was sat next to him. While Niamh and his mom was in the front.

we all get there and head inside where everyone else was sitting down there as well.

his mom and Leo was in front and me, Noah and Niamh was sat behind.

I was in the middle of Niamh and Noah.

the funeral starts and the man at the front starts talking.

I grab Noah's hand because it was starting and he smiles.

It was time for everyone to say there speeches.

First it was his mom.

His mom stands up ready to say her speech.

"William. The moment you passed away it felt like I had as well. It felt like everything in this world had shattered. You were my everything. My bestfriend. The person I could talk to if anything was wrong. The person who would cheer me up. My husband and the father to my children. I love you so much William and even because you have passed nothing with ever stop that love I have for you." His mom says finishing her speech while tearing up and wiping her tears with the tissue she had.

Next was Niamh.

I was glad I was sat next to her because after yesterday I knew how upset she was.

"Dad. Even though you annoyed me a lot of the time I loved you so much. More than you can imagine. I loved how how you would support me in any situation and would always put me and Noah and Leo first. It showed how much you cared for all of us.

Anyone in this world would have been so lucky to have a dad like you.

And we were the lucky ones.

I love you so much dad."

Niamh finishes off and she sits down and I take her hand and give her a smile and she wipes the tears that was about to fall with her hand.

Lastly. was Noah.

"Dad. Where do I even start. When I found out over the phone about you passing I took it the wrong way. Went down the alcohol route because of how much I was grieving over your death. Because of how much of a good father you was.

It was like when I found out all these memories kept flooding back of how we played football every day after school and how protective you was and how now you was gone none of that could happen again. That broke me.."

He started to cry now, I grab his hand while he is standing up so he can carry on.

"You were my bestfriend. A better friend than all the other ones I've had before. Because the difference between you and them was that you stuck by me no matter what and I will always thank you for that dad.

You told me to follow my dreams and make you proud.

I hope I have done that and I will carry on to do.

I'll never forget you dad. One in a million"

Noah finishes his speech and takes a seat next to me. Looking down at his feet while I take his hand back in mine and give him a kiss on the cheek.

Gosh. I wasn't even the one who was talking but that was hard.