20 | 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖

Nine months later.

WANDA WAS perched on the steps that led up to the her house, looking down at the mug in her hands with a blank expression as she traced her finger around the rim.

Her eyes drifted over to her hand and came to a stop when she looked at her ring. The same one Carson gave her the night he asked her to marry him. She smiled softly at the sight but after a few seconds, the momentarily wave of happiness soon faded away. Being reminded that he wasn't here with her. And that at this point, she sometimes wondered if he ever would be.

But no matter how many thoughts flooded her brain, she held onto the last amount of hope she had for him. For them. Because he promised that he'd come back to her.

And Carson always kept his promises. Always.

She let out a sigh and looked over her shoulder at her house. The house that was supposed to be theirs. Wanda thought back to the day she found the blueprints of the house in one of Carson's draws a few weeks after the Westview situation had ended. They were placed neatly in a black box, a thin red ribbon wrapped neatly around it.

He must've been planning to give it to her as a surprise. Before Wakanda, before Thanos, before all the shit that happened. When it was just the two of them in their own little world.

She found a place not too far away from the compound, yet secluded enough so that they wouldn't be bothered by any unwelcomed guests. And with her magic, Wanda built their dream home within the blink of an eye. Exactly how Carson had planned.

At first she found it stupid of her to do something like that so impulsively. But as strange as it sounds, in her eyes, it was a way to feel close to him. A way for her to still have the life that the two of them had planned. And when he would eventually wake up. They could do it together. Because for her, it really was the perfect house. It had everything that they both wanted, each of their likings mixing in with the design.

The only thing that was missing was him.

[ for reference gals & pals. if it's not to your liking i'm sorry luvs but you can just picture whatever type of house you like ]

The sound of the kettle whistling from the inside of the house caught Wanda's attention and she got to her feet, walking back inside the house to pour herself another cup of tea.

She lightly blew against the hot drink for a moment to cool it down before placing it on the counter as she knew it would still be too hot to drink. Wanda looked up at one of the shelves on the wall, her eyes landing on a certain picture frame.