18 | 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

CARSON'S eyes flicked between Wanda and Agatha as he flew up to them, watching as Wanda fired a few blasts at the older witch. He let out a frustrated huff when he heard Agatha laughing at how Wanda's attacks kept missing her.

But it just didn't make sense to him. Agatha was right there, Wanda had a clear shot at her. So why was she firing at the hex walls?

Wanda looked over her shoulder and noticed Carson getting closer. Her eyes widened and she shook her head quickly, throwing her arm out to the side to create a barrier in front of him that stopped Carson from being able to get any closer.

"Come on Wanda!" Agatha taunted.

Wanda used he free hand to send another blast over to Agatha. And this time it hit her right in the chest.

"Take it." Wanda let out a breath. "I don't want it!"

"Wanda!" Carson let out a grunt as he tried to push the barrier away. "What are you doing!"

"Let me handle it." Wanda told him. "Go!"

Carson shook his head. "No, not without you!"

"Carson please, you have to trust me." She pushed the barrier more when she felt him fighting against it. "I have everything under control."

"Listen Wands, I love you, I really do." Carson began, gritting his teeth together as he fought against Wanda's powers. "But I really don't think that this, is you having it under control."

She fired at Agatha once more before turning her attention back onto him. "I need you to trust me."

"Wanda—"

"Carson." Wanda gave him a look. "Trust. Me."

He exhaled sharply through his nose and let out a grunt before meeting her eyes once more. Carson gave her a small nod and reluctantly began to make his way back down to the ground.

Once he returned, everyone ran over to him. Billy and Tommy were the first to reach him and Carson put his arms around their shoulders, sighing when he saw the twins sticking close to his side as they looked up at Wanda in worry.

"What? What happened?" Tony asked.

"What is she doing?" Natasha added.

He stayed silent for a moment and looked up at the sky, watching as Wanda and Agatha continued their fight.

"Carson?" Yelena questioned.

"It's fine, uh, everything's fine." Carson mumbled. "She has everything under control."

Back in the air, Wanda continued firing at Agatha, a few occasional shots actually hitting her whereas the others hit the wall of the hex and absorbed into it.

Wanda brought her hands together tiredly and released another shot of her powers, her head drooping down due to the feeling of them leaving her body.

"Release your burden!" Agatha shouted. Another blast hit her in the stomach and she let out a gasp, smirking when she felt Wanda's powers joining up with her own. "There's more... I want it all!"

Wanda panted and looked down at her hands, taking a deep breath as she noticed the withered look they had. She threw her hands out for one final time, the remaining powers now escaping from her body and moving over to Agatha.