01 | 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑?

CARSON made his way through the living room and walked into the kitchen, reading the newspaper. Wanda had gotten up before him and decided to make a start on doing the dishes from the night before.

She didn't notice her husband walk in, so as she was using her powers to put back the plates, it hit Carson in the face and shattered at the touch.

Carson's brows furrowed and he reached his hand up, running his fingers over the fresh cut that had been formed from the impact. He let out a small chuckle and shook his head, not really being bothered considering it healed up within a few seconds.

"My wife and her flying saucers." He looked at Wanda.

Wanda smiled. "My husband and his enhanced healing."

"Aren't we a fine pair?" Carson asked. He folded the news paper over as he walked to Wanda, resting his hand on her waist as he kissed the top of her head.

Wanda blushed and once he had moved away she used her powers to fix the broken plate and put it back safely this time.

"What do you say to silver dollar pancakes, crispy hash browns, bacon, eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice and black coffee?" Wanda asked as she opened the fridge.

"I say," Carson leant his back against the counter as he watched his wife with a grin. "Sit down and relax Wands, you don't have to make breakfast for me. I should be the one waiting on you."

She peeked in the fridge, noticing that they actually had no food in. Wanda closed the door and looked back over at Carson, her nose scrunching as she smiled at him. "Well it appears we have no food in anyway."

Carson put the newspaper down on the table and looked over at the calendar, his head tilting to the side as he noticed a heart on todays date.

"Wanda?"

"Hmm?" She replied.

"Is there something special about today?" He asked her.

Wanda looked down at her clothes. "Well, I know the apron is a bit much, dear, but I am doing my best to blend in." She started to walk over to him.

"No, no." Carson gestured towards the calendar. "Someone's drawn a little heart right above today's date."

Wanda turned around to see what he was talking about. Carson walked up behind Wanda and wrapped his arms around her torso, hugging her from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder.

Wanda placed her hands over his that were on her torso and looked at the calendar in confusion. She really had no idea what today meant.

"Oh, yes, the heart." Wanda nodded.

Carson hummed in response, his brows scrunching up the more he looked at it too. He also had no clue what it meant. But they were both too nervous to admit they didn't know in case they had forgotten a special occasion.

Wanda turned her head to look at him. "Well, don't tell me you've forgotten dorogoy."

"Forgotten?" Carson scoffed. "Oh come on Wands, what do you take me for?"

She turned around in his arms so she was now facing him. "Well, then tell me what's so important about today's date."

"Uh." He scratched the back of his head as he looked around the room, trying his best to remember. "Maybe you're the one that's forgotten, hm?"