11 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓 [𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞]

EVERYONE STOOD UP from their seats as the jet landed at the airport. No one spoke much on the way there seen as everyone was too caught up in their own thoughts. There was no doubt that this would end in a fight, this situation was way too far gone for both sides to talk it out. And Carson knew that. He knew that this was going to be the last straw in the fall of the Avengers, that this family, his family, would never be the same after this.

He watched as the door at the back of the jet opened and began walking down the ramp, turning his head to the side when he heard the clunking of metal footsteps beside him.

"You alright bud?" Tony asked and Carson nodded in response, slotting one of his knives into the holder on his belt. "Look, I know this isn't ideal and this whole thing was sprung on you. But I just wanted... to say thank you."

"Thank you?" Carson gave Tony a confused look.

"Thank you for sticking by me, because if I didn't have you on my side then... then this would be a lot harder." Tony admitted. "I just-- I know they're your family too and I'm sorry that you have to go through this."

Carson was taken back by Tony's words, it was rare that he'd be this mature and serious. But it was true, Carson was like a son to Tony so if he wasn't on his side then it would've destroyed him. He looked at Tony, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Well of course I'm going to stick with you." He smirked. "Without me you'd be helpless."

Tony laughed and shook his head. "You got that right."

Rhodey walked over to the pair, giving them both a look to silently apologise for interrupting their conversation as he joined them. "We've picked up Rogers making his way into the airport. No one else has been spotted in the open yet."

"Alright." Tony clapped his hands together and looked around at everyone. "Carson you're with me. Romanoff, Rhodes, Parker, Vision, you remember what to do?"

Everyone nodded and began making their way to their places. Except from Peter, who was looking around mumbling something under his breath. Tony and Carson both noticed and Tony nodded for Carson to keep on moving, Tony made his way over to Peter.

"Everything alright?" Tony questioned. "Listen, if this is too much for you then it's alright to—"

"No! No, no, no." Peter blurted out. "I— I need a minute to think, y'know? This is... a lot. I mean, I'm fighting alongside the Avengers! Wait.. does this make me an Avenger?" The boy rambled on.

"Uh no, not quite."

"Oh." Peter replied awkwardly. "Well, do you have any tips?"

"Uh." Tony scratched the back of his head in thought. "Just keep your distance and web em' up."

"Alright, got it." Peter began shaking out his arms as he prepared himself.

"Oh and one more thing." Tony continued. "Stay away from the girl with the red... wiggly woos."

"Is she one of the ones with powers? Mr. Stark I promise you I can handle—"

"No, no, you can't." Tony interrupted, shaking his head to put emphasis on how much Peter needed to stay away. "It's not just that, if you touch the girl or harm her in any way, then Carson will most likely hurt you. A lot. And if he isn't around to hurt you then she will. Also a lot."