06 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄

"SO, WHAT'S THE PLAN?" CARSON ASKED, slipping on his boots and continuing the get suited up.

"The team will consist of you, Nat, Clint and Steve" Tony replied. "Steve will go in the lab and-"

"Hold on a minute, I have to say in the jet?" Carson interrupted, cocking his eyebrow.

"Yes, yes you do. Now as I was saying-" Tony tried to continue.

"Wait, wait, wait, is there a reason as to why you're making me do nothing?"

"Um yeah there is and it's a pretty valid one actually, it's because I said so." Tony defended.

"But-"

"No."

"Ok how about if I-"

"Still no."

"Oh come on, can't I just-"

"Fine."

"Wait, really?" Carson raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"No."

"Oh my god wh-"

"Carson, listen. You're staying on the jet where you're less likely to get hurt." Tony changed his tone to a more serious one. "End of discussion."

Carson raised up his hands. "Alright, alright. I'll stay on the jet." Although he was annoyed at the fact that Tony wouldn't let him participate fully in the mission, he let it go. He knew that Tony only wanted to protect him, even if he could protect himself. So he just let Tony successfully execute his annoying attempt at a parenting moment.

For the third time, Tony began his sentence again. "So, carrying on, Steve will go in the lab and try to find Helen and the cradle. Nat, Carson and Clint I want you three to wait on the jet outside of the lab and keep watch to see if you can see anymore of Ultron's henchmen thingy's."

They all agreed, one more hesitantly than the others, and soon left to get on the jet and make their way to Helen's lab. Clint in the pilots seat, Carson in the co-pilots seat with his feet up spinning one of Natasha's knives around his fingers, Steve sat down at the main table running over the plan in his head and Natasha grabbing some more equipment from the weapons locker.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Steve exited the quinjet and began making his way into the lab. "Two minutes, stay close." He announced. They stayed near the lab, circling it every so often while keeping a looking out for any of Ultron's robots. Natasha pressed the speaker button on main control table so they could all listen to Steve through the comms.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve called out quickly running over to her.

"He's.. uploading himself into the body." She managed to speak between short breaths.

"Where?"

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, it's power is uncontainable... you can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark." Helen shakily said.

"First I have to find it." Steve replied.

"Go."

Steve pressed his fingers to the device in his ear and addressed the rest of the team. "Did you guys copy that?"

"We did." Clint replied.