10 | 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍

[As the world caves in - Matt Maltese]

CARSON GOT to his feet, rubbing the back of his head where the edge of the rock seemed to hit. He looked around, his eyebrows coming together as there was no sign of the titan anywhere. Thanos had just... vanished.

All that could be seen was Thor and Steve stood further ahead, both staring at each other as if they'd seen a ghost.

He walked over to them and looked between the two, wondering why no one was saying anything. "What's going on? Where'd he go?"

Thor looked over at Carson. Not saying a word. Carson's eyes travelled down to Thor's axe laying on the floor, now making him just as confused as ever.

"Thor." Carson tried again. "Where'd he go?"

"Steve?" A voice spoke up from behind them.

The three men all turned around and noticed Bucky emerging from the bushes, limping towards them. Carson's eyes widened as he noticed the soldiers arm starting to fade away, turning into dust.

Bucky glanced down at his arm too for a moment, before looking up at his best friend. One last time.

Steve rushed over to Bucky but before he could reach him, the man faded away, his ashy remains falling to the ground along with the gun he was holding. He slowly crouched down on the ground, looking down at the pile of dust in disbelief.

Carson ran past Thor and Steve until he reached a clearing in the trees. He looked ahead at the battlefield, watching as hundreds of Wakandan soldiers had the same fate as Bucky, all of them fading away.

"No, no, no!" Carson shook his head.

And that's when it hit him.

His eyes widened in realisation and he turned back to the forest, entering it once more. He had to find her. To make sure she was okay. He started to search around, looking for any signs of her, pulling down any branches that were in his way.

"Wanda!" He called out. "Has anybody seen Wanda?!"

Carson's head started to snap around in all directions in a panic. His fear only heightening as he saw what was going on around him. Groot, T'Challa, Sam. All of them, gone. Okoye was stood up, looking down at the ground as she whimpered in terror.

Rhodey approached Carson from behind and placed a hand on his shoulder, he flinched and quickly spun around which made Rhodey let go and take a few steps back.

"Carson what's g—"

"I don't know, I don't know!" Carson said a little louder than intended. "Do you know where Wanda is? I need to find her, I can't... I can't find her."

Rhodey took a deep breath and tried to calm him down, placing a hand on his shoulder again. "I'm gonna need you to breathe for me okay... let's go find Steve and—"

"No!" Carson pushed Rhodey's hands off him. "Not until I find Wanda. I need to—"

"Carson..."

His movements came to a stop at the sound of the voice coming from behind him. He turned around, seeing Wanda walking towards him. A smile of relief instantly appeared on his face and he let out a breath.

"Oh thank god I...." Carson paused when he took note of her appearance. Her face had turned pale, like the colour had been drained from her skin, her whole body was trembling, her breath kept getting caught up in her throat.

His heart sunk when he saw her lose her balance as she tried to walk over to him. Before she could hit the ground he rushed forwards and caught her in his arms, lowering them both down to the ground gently.