01 | 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐃𝐈 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐃

"SHIT!" Tony yelled through the comms as he collided with the shield that was surrounding the fort.

"Language!" Steve replied through the comms, making Carson cringe while in the middle of fighting two Hydra agents. "JARVIS what's the view from upstairs?" Steve carried on.

"The central building is protected by some sort of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any Hydra base we've taken." JARVIS replied. Carson used his telekinesis to pull another hydra soldier in the his grasp, then proceeded to snap his neck. He dropped the soldier on the ground and smirked then continued to run towards the fort.

"Loki's sceptre must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defence without it. At long last." Thor said while throwing his hammer.

"At long last is lasting a little long boys" Natasha replied while shooting an agent.

Clint dodged a shot fired at him and began to shoot back with his explosive arrows, destroying the hut that the shots came from. "Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Hold on a minute.." Carson spoke while throwing a hydra agent into a tree. "No one else is gonna deal with that fact that cap just said 'language'?"

"Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one that noticed." Tony replied through the comms laughing slightly.

Steve flipped the bike he was on, causing it to collide with a truck of hydra soldiers. "It just slipped out." he announced. 

Before he could continue running, Steve heard the click of a gun behind him, he quickly turned around but to his surprise saw the soldier being lifted up into the air and slammed into the ground over and over. 

He looked ahead to see Carson stood leaning against a tree while waving his fingers up and down, grinning in amusement at the sight of the distressed soldier. Once Carson had finished he stopped leaning on the tree and began make his way over to Steve, stepping over the soldier on the way. 

"You're welcome, old man." Carson said while walking past Steve, giving him a light pat on the shoulder. Steve just rolled his eyes in response then turned around and caught up to Carson.

"The city is taking fire." JARVIS announced.

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion." Tony replied.

Carson and Steve were running towards the fort with Steve launching his shield at the odd few hydra soldiers for it to come flying back into his grasp and Carson blasting the occasional soldier with a ball of dark red energy that shot from his hands. They were both suddenly knocked off their feet and both fell onto their backs. The pair quickly got up and exchanged a confused look. "What the hell was that?" Carson questioned while looking around.

Steve opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by Natasha on the comms. "Clint's hit!" Natasha informed them. "Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" she continued while rushing over to Clint. Not even 2 seconds later, The Hulk was already smashing through the bunker destroying it instantly. "Thank you."

"Stark, we really need to get inside." Steve urged, as he and Carson began to fight the next wave of hydra soldiers coming out of the fort.

"I'm closing in. JARVIS.. am I closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?" Tony questioned while firing at the soldiers he encountered.

Carson and Steve watched while Tony fired at the fort and within a few seconds, the shield that was protecting it was deactivated.

"The drawbridge is down people." Tony informed.