09 | 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

EVERYONE TOOK their seats in the conference room, watching as Steve turned on the monitors that displayed images of the six Infinity Stones.

Steve looked around at them all to make sure he was good to start. He gave them a small smile and nodded, clearing his throat before talking.

"Okay, so the how works." He began. "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word encounter for damn near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony quipped making Carson snicker.

"Well, I haven't." Scott spoke up. "But I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about... so."

"Regardless," Bruce chimed in. "We only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." Tony took over. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Clint said.

Tony nodded. "Correct."

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steve gestured over to Thor. "Thor what do you know?"

After hearing no response from the god for a few seconds, everyone turned around in their seats to look at him. Carson raised a brow at the sight of Thor slumped down in one of the armchairs in the corner, another beer in hand, his sunglasses covering his eyes.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha whispered over to Carson.

"I don't know..." Carson's head cocked to the side as he watched Thor. He turned his attention towards Natasha and shrugged. "Maybe he's dead."

~~ ᗢ ~~

AFTER A little while of trying to get Thor's attention, he eventually woke up and made his way to the front to start presenting.

"Uh, where to start? Um..." The god took off his sunglasses, his eyes squinting as they adjusted to the light. "The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before. Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of thing... so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that."

Steve's face scrunched up as Thor pointed towards him.

Thor then took some eye drops from his pocket and dotted a few in each eye before continuing. Tony and Carson shared and look and Carson gave the man a sad smile.

He could see that Thor was clearly going through it, and although everyone else seemed to be getting frustrated with him, Carson couldn't help but feel sorry for the god.

"Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether." Thor chuckled lightly. "My grandfather many years ago had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Oooh, scary beings."

"But, I thought it wasn't a stone..." Scott gave Carson a confused look.

Carson gripped the bridge of his nose and sunk down into his chair, letting out a sigh.