03 | 𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆

WANDA walked past Carson and moved closer to the shop window so she could get a better look at the screen. Carson joined her side, the pair of them watching the news broadcast in silence.

They watched as footage from New York was shown. Buildings were destroyed, multiple dead, multiple injured and to top it off... it was due to aliens? As soon as the creatures were displayed on the screen, Carson's felt a light buzzing in his head. And that's when it started to come together.

The headaches.

The dreams.

He wasn't sure how but he knew that it was something to do with them.

It all tied in with them.

"W-what are they...?" Wanda asked shakily.

"What my headaches have been warning me about." Carson mumbled. He turned to Wanda and looked down at her with a sad smile, taking hold of her hand and kissing her knuckles. "I have to go back."

"No, wait, wait." Wanda shook her head and grabbed his arm to stop him from walking away. "Carson, if that's true, then... then maybe going isn't the best idea."

Carson sighed. "Wanda I—"

He was cut off when an ear piercing yell fell out of his mouth at a sudden pain ripping through his chest. His breath instantly hitched in his throat and he coughed out, looking down to see a blade sticking out of his chest.

Wanda's eyes went wide and her hands flew up to her face in terror, covering her mouth which muffled her scream. "CARSON!"

Whoever was behind him, clearly wasn't just human. That was for certain. From the force they used, to their strength, to the weapon itself... in fact, maybe they wasn't human at all.

The attacker raised Carson up into the air while still being impaled and he let out another yell in pain before being tossed to the side, landing harshly on the street further down.

Carson rolled onto his back and pressed down on his wound to stop the bleeding, his teeth gritting together at the burning sensation that was coursing through his body.

The red light that appeared to his side caught his attention and he turned his head, watching as Wanda formed her energy around her hands and aimed towards the attacker.

His his head cocked to the side a little when he saw the faint outline of another figure coming up behind Wanda. He tried to stand up to help her, to warn her, to do anything, but the movement caused his wound to rip open a little more which made him stumble and drop to his knees.

"Wanda.... there's—" He managed to get out through staggered breaths. "B-behind you!"

Carson's words were loud enough for Wanda to hear and she quickly looked over her shoulder. Although before she had a chance to react, she was blasted away and sent hurdling towards a shop window.

Before she made contact, Carson aimed his hand in her direction and used his powers to form a barrier between her and the glass so she wouldn't get cut or hurt. He attempted to get to his feet once more but was kicked from behind, making him fall down again.

He groaned and rolled onto his back so he could get a look at the attackers faces, his eyes widening when he took in their features... very non-human features.

The male alien raised his sceptre and aimed it against Carson's chest so he couldn't move while the female gazed down at him curiously, none of them saying a word.

"I d-don't know about how— how you greet each other on your planet, but over here..." Carson coughed. "A simple 'hello' would suffice."

The female rolled her eyes and aimed her weapon towards Carson, charging it up and shocking him with a small blast. Carson muffled his yell by clenching his jaw and glared at the woman as he breathed heavily through his nose.