19 | 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐎

———

❝ 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰. ❞
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘨𝘰.
— ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟᴛᴇʀs

———

WANDA AND CARSON walked hand in hand down the streets of Westview. A wave of silence washed over them as they watched Billy and Tommy walking ahead, chattering amongst themselves about something. The couple would occasionally exchange a few looks, both of them smiling sadly when they met each others eyes. They knew what was about to happen, what had to happen.

This whole thing wasn't just about Carson anymore. Because not only was Wanda going to lose him again... she would lose Billy and Tommy too.

Once they began to approach their house, the twins each looked over their shoulders at their parents and smiled brightly before walking up the driveway. Wanda and Carson each returned the smile but as the boys turned away her smile faded, taking a deep breath to hold back her tears.

Carson looked down at Wanda as they reached their front door and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. He closed his eyes and kissed the top of her head.

"I know Wands... I know." He whispered. "It's okay."

Wanda remained quiet and looked down at the ground as they pulled away, nodding slowly. She quickly wiped her eyes and sniffled before transforming herself and Carson into casual clothing.

"Let's, uh." Wanda said quietly, sliding her hand into his and giving it a small squeeze. "Let's go inside."

Carson smiled faintly and moved his hand down to the small of Wanda's back, moving aside to let her in first. Once Wanda walked into the house he stepped inside, looking over his shoulder at the hex walls that were slowly approaching before closing the door behind him.

~~ ᗢ ~~

WANDA sat down on Billy's bed and gently moved his hair out of his face. She looked over to her left and smiled to herself when she saw Carson sat down next to Tommy on his bed, watching as he playfully shoved him down making Tommy break into a fit of laughter.

"Okay, hop in." She told Billy as she pulled the covers over his body. "Snug as a bug."

"Big day today." Carson rested his hand on top of Tommy's. He looked between his two boys. "Your mother and I... are very proud of you both."

"Very proud." Wanda nodded, her eyes beginning to gloss over. "You know... a family is forever. We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried. You know that, right?"

The twins shared a knowing look before nodding along. Carson and Wanda each placed a kiss on top of their heads before standing up and switching sides and doing the same.

"Goodnight, my little gremlins." Carson walked to the ends of their beds and inhaled sharply, looking between them and smiling sadly. "I... I love you boys."

"Night Dad. We love you too." They each said. "Good night, Mom."

Wanda joined Carson in the doorway of their room and turned around to look at them one last time. Her eyes travelled up to the window and when she saw the faint colour of the hex wall, her chest instantly tightened.