16 | 𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔

ONCE CARSON GOT to Wanda's room, he found himself just standing there, staring at the door instead of actually knocking. He could hear the TV playing, the familiar sound of the sitcoms Wanda would always be watching filling his ears, along with the occasional quiet giggle from the girl reacting to something on the screen or comment from Vision who was trying to understand what was actually happening.

"Is it funny because of the grievous injury the man just suffered?" Vision asked.

"No, he's not really injured." Wanda replied.

Carson sighed after hearing Wanda speak up. She sounded different, her voice was croaky, her tone was flat, no hint of happiness in her words.

And it was his fault.

"How can you be certain?" The android questioned, genuinely confused by what had just happened on the screen.

"It's just not that kind of show."

Carson raised a hand to knock on the door but was interrupted by a loud crash that came from the TV, followed by on screen laughter, and surprisingly Vision laughing along too.

"Sorry, pardon." The android apologised.

Wanda laughed softly, making Carson smile. "No, it was funny."

"Yes, I suppose it was rather funny wasn't it?" Vision chuckled.

Wanda stayed silent for a moment, the similarity of the conversation making her think back to the time when her and Carson watched this same show together. When he was comforting her after the death of Pietro.

Little did she know, he was on the other side of the door thinking the exact same thing.

"Mhm." Wanda hummed in response.

Carson rolled his eyes as he listened to the pair continue their conversation. After mentally battling with himself on whether he should disturb them or not he eventually gave in and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Wanda spoke up quietly.

Carson opened the door and stepped inside, making sure not to make any sudden movements so he didn't scare her in case she was still skittish around him.

Which seemingly she was.

His chest tightened when he saw Wanda look up at him with empty eyes, subconsciously moving her hands to her sides and onto the bed as if she was readying herself to get up quickly if anything happened. Vision sat up straighter, shuffling slightly in front of Wanda like he was shielding her from him.

Carson cleared his throat. "Hi."

"Hi." Wanda responded, her body language softening ever so slightly. But not much. She was unsure on how to feel. Not knowing if this was another trick or not.

Carson looked over at Vision, raising a brow at the android who still hadn't taken his eyes off him. "Easy Vision, I'm not going to do anything." He looked back at Wanda. "You can trust me. I promise."

"It worked?" Wanda asked, her voice still quiet.

"Well, I don't have the constant urge to kill you all, so I think it's safe to say that it worked." Carson shrugged, trying to lighten to mood.