𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘.. 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

3 weeks after Carlotte is born

Im excited to go to Harvard in America but I'm sad I'm leaving Xiao, Hutao and Zhongli behind, we will make it long distance. I can visit every time it's Charlies birthday and when my holidays are open.

I finish packing putting all my items and Carlottes in a suitcase she squirms around in a crib quietly giggling at the spinning toys.

I grunt zipping up my suitcase, pulling it slowly off the bed, seeing everything I think I need zipped up in 3 suitcase and 2 carry ons it hits me like a brick.
Xiao walks in picking up Charlie bouncing her. I just watch. Smiling so much my cheeks hurt.

"We should get going" I say picking up our bags. "Xiao do you mind taking her down to the car?" I smile while Hutao and Zhongli help to take my bags off of me.

We get in the car once more, all of us.
Hutao, Zhongli, Xiao, Carlotte and I.
"Buckle up love birds" Hutao smirks at us.
I giggle, Me and Xiao intertwine fingers, while Carlotte grabs my finger with her hand, the promise ring Xiao gave me sparkling.
I hand Xiao an airpod, "remember?" I smile.
"How could I forget" He places the airpod in his ear, Sweater weather begins to play, I smile at both my baby and Xiao, I slowly lower my head onto Xiao's shoulder, shutting my eyes I whisper "Wake me up when we arrive" I smile getting comfortable before drifting asleep.

"Y/n...."
"Y/n.."
"Y/n wake up"
".....What" I groan, hearing a tune in my ear but I'm unable to identify what song it is.
"Listen" Xiao whispers, I listen.

...Take my hands off of your eyes too soon

I remember, everything that about summer.

I'm going back to 505

Speeding down the motorway rain hitting the roof heavy as ever

If it's a seven hour flight

Xiao putting his hand on my thigh,

or a forty-five minute drive

Pulling into the Poundland carpark,

In my imagination

When Xiao turned to me the up and down glance.

you're waitin' lyin' on your side

Then Xiao unlocked the doors. Us jumping out of the car to dance in the rain with each other. The recording still on my phone.

With your hands between your thighs

then when he finally picked me up spinning me as I laughed, his smile then. It was angelic. Then our lips met for the first time. well the first time while we were sober.

and a smile

Then he placed me down so gently like I was a glass figure. But our eyes stayed connected the entire time. 2 years ago summer was amazing, like it was out of a book.

I sit up instantly as we park up, I take on my seatbelt placing myself on Xiao kissing him.
"I can't leave now" I cry feeling tears run down my face.
"Y/n calm down please don't cry. We will be okay!" Xiao kisses my forehead as I sob. I don't want to leave anymore.
"Y/n look at me. We are gonna get you to your law school and you will not turn back cause this is your future. Not mine, not Venti's not anyone else's. Yours. And you had to fight to get your own future. I will not let you throw it away cause of me. Okay" Xiao's glowing amber eyes staring into my glistening e/c eyes, I nod sniffing.
"Your right." I wipe my eyes before opening the car door getting out, taking Charlie out of the car in her carry. Everyone helps me get the suitcases out.

After checking the suitcase in
We stand at the security entrance, they can't follow in after me now, this is my last goodbyes for a while.
"Come here Y/n" Zhongli opens his arms to me, Xiao holds Charlie while I hug Zhongli.
"You know I always knew you were special. Ever since you joined, you were 16 our youngest everyone picked on you and underestimated you. You proved them wrong every time. Youve always has potential Y/n. I'm so proud your moving on." Zhongli smiles a few tears form in his eyes but they don't fall out.
"Thank you Sir. it means a lot" I wipe my tears moving onto Hutao.
"Girl why are you leaving me!!" She cries hugging me tight "We were meant to die old as partners together remember!! We made a deal! It's better off this way though" She wipes her tears on me, I laughs pushing her off me playfully.
"Gross man" I laugh. Carlotte gets passed to Hutao while my last good bye goes to Xiao.
"Well, where should I start" He smiles "I'm gonna miss you so fucking much, your the love of my life, all that sappy stuff but I really do love you, more than I thought I could love anyone else. When we met you were the first person I noticed, you were gorgeous. Your attitude towards me was funny so we weren't friends at the beginning but now we have a kid. Crazy how far we have come in 2 years. I'll be waiting for you when you come back. We will make it long distance. I love you so much and I'll miss you everyday" Xiao starts to tear up, while I'm sobbing my eyes out. I pull him into a passionate kiss, I part from him. His hands still wrapped around my waist.
"I love you too, We will try come back every holiday and birthday. I promise. I really don't know what to say" I laugh, I just look at him. Thinking about how now every morning I won't wake up to see him in my bed, I wont get to see him embrace me before we sleep. I don't get that anymore.

"Y/n remember this is your future, but if something seriously goes wrong out there we will come out and get you and Carlotte home. Okay?" Xiao's arms leave my waist.
"Okay. We will keep in contact right? I don't want to lose you" I say wiping my tears.
"We will keep in contact Y/n. Now you have to go or you will miss your flight" He smiles before kissing me for the last time.
"Bye Carlotte be good for your mum okay?" Xiao smiles at Charlie before kissing her little head.

I collect all my baggage and I starts walking towards the security gate, without looking back. I hear the goodbyes fade out as I walk into security.
It's now done. No turning back, this is my future and I will succeed.