40

a/n: sorry for making y'all wait so long, i've been in a slump, but i really hope you guys enjoy this chapter! sorry it's not as long as the last one.. either way, enjoy !

i present to you...

"marry me,"

deryah

the more i moaned–loud or soft–the closer he came; i could feel every muscle in his body. as long as i said his name, touched him, or held him, he was drowning in me, and he made sure i knew it.

"i'm," he heaved, "i think i'm–"

the waves of euphoria rocked the both of us, and he watched me become an undone mess under him. my body shook as he fucked me through it. and just as he reached his high, his hand ripped through the wooden headboard, a loud crack echoing in the room along with the other noises.

both of us flinched, but before he had time to stop, i pulled my lips to his, trying to distract him from what had just happened. "it's alright, i don't care– just cum," my words were ragged and breathy against his mouth. "just cum– let me feel you–"

"cum for me blaise–"

pieces of the headboard fell around us as we continued to rock together, reaching our highs at once. i was breathing heavily, and so was he as he laid on top of me, looking in my eyes. "marry me,"

i had no time to think before my mouth spoke for me. "yes," good answer.

he only chuckled softly and rolled over onto the bed. was that it? not to sound snobby..but that's all..?

"that's it?" i blurted. really deryah? "i mean, not that i was expecting more–well, i wasn't expecting that at all," i pushed out a humorless laugh to soften the tension. "but- wait, have you talked to my mum yet? did you even get her blessing, and-"

before i could even finish my train of thought, he stood up from the bed, grabbing his wand. "um- were you joking? and where are you go-"

and just like that, he disappeared as though he were never there. "-ing." no 'goodbye'? or 'see you later'? no 'i love you'? okay then..

i laid in my bed for a few seconds, wondering if that had actually happened; or maybe i was imagining everything. if i was, then my imagination was better than i thought. not only did he ask me to marry him in the middle of sex, but he got up and left me naked two seconds later. i was definitely going crazy.

a small chill ran slowly down my spine as my thoughts began to run in circles. never mind, it was real..at least i wasn't crazy.

was he actually joking, or was he serious? there was no way that he was actually serious if he just got up and left me like that. well if he was, then wow. i mean, was he just going to run away? even if he was joking, during the middle of sex wouldn't be such a great time to pull such a joke; well, there never really is a good time to joke like that.

sitting up, i wrapped myself in a sheet before going to the bathroom to clean up. maybe, i wasn't crying or whining because i didn't care. or maybe it really hadn't hit me just yet. no matter the reason, i looked as emotionless as ever. i didn't even realize it until i looked in the mirror. i had this sullen, morose look on my face. maybe i would react if i saw him; it didn't really matter. i just got in the shower, washing away my thoughts.

***

i lied..i was definitely angry. yet, worried at the same time? the only question that stood out to me was why? joke or no joke, why did he have that kind of reaction? did he expect me to say yes? or had he wanted me to say no? none of it made any sense to me.