26 alternative ending

a/n: here it iss!!! the alternative ending to ch 26!! just a reminder though, i'm only leaving this up for 24 hours, so you can either screenshot it if you must and save it, or read it as many time as you can before i take it down! either way, i hope you guys enjoy!! and if you do screenshot it, and maybe decided to share it, please remember to give credits <3 other than thatt, enjoyy!!

CONTENT WARNING: this chapter contains sexual material that may be unsuitable for some readers. reader's discretion is advised, if any of the upcoming content makes you uncomfortable in any manner, please feel free to skip over of exit the book.

i present to you...

"goodbye"

narrator's pov

9:30 PM

10:30 PM

11:30 PM

12:30 AM

1:30 AM

it had been hours since her fight with blaise, and deryah now sat on draco's bed reading until she heard his door abruptly open. her eyes were red with tears that she had spent hours releasing, but she quickly wiped them away as she felt him climb onto the bed behind her. her back continued to face him as she felt him place a kiss on her neck as he wrapped his slender arms around her waist.

turning around to face him, she accepted the kiss, but the faint smile that rested on her features twisted into a frown as she breathed in the faint smell of firewhiskey on his clothes and the taste of the tingling liquid on his lips. she only took in the taste of the bitter liquid and hummed quietly as she took note of this.

draco, on the other hand, could sense that her energy was somewhat off. he silently examined her behavior as he continued to hold her quietly. the first thing he noticed was how puffy her eyes and cheeks had become; she had been crying. "deryah?"

"draco?"

"could you turn around for me, darling?"

"hm," was all she sounded as she continued to face away from him. she knew that if she turned around, she wouldn't have any control over the tears that were waiting to be released.

"deryah, look at me. now." he demanded; his tone turned from a soft type of concerned, to a more firm, yet still worried one. he listened as she huffed before turning around to face him fully. he could see the stains of dried tears on her brown skin and her blood shot eyes. "what happened? are you okay? are you hurt?"

these words only made her cry harder as she listened to the genuine concern and worry that spilled from his mouth as he quickly scanned her body in search of any abrasions or open wounds. "i'm so sorry," she cried as she brought her hand up to his cheek. she had felt sorry for many reasons. sorry that she wasn't able to keep him satisfied for long enough, sorry that she hadn't said anything when she first noticed it all starting to go downhill. most importantly, she felt sorry that she had fallen in love with someone else while she was still with him.

as he noticed her anxious panic, he began to become worried, a million things bombarding his mind at once. "sorry? sorry for what, love?" his heart began to beat faster and faster with every dropping tear that came from her eyes. "what are you sorry about? what happened?"

the only thing she could muster up was an honest apology. "i'm so sorry." she had blamed herself for dragging him through everything, leading him on. blamed herself for being that close with joshua, maybe if she hadn't been so friendly, he would've been able to trust her and things would still be okay.