3

a/n: just so you know, malfoy will not be a villain in this story. he will be a fluffy and flirty person. so don't be surprised if he's nice lol. but um sorry it took me so long to update. i'm fighting to get on a schedule lol. reminds me of how my school decided to change the schedule in the middle of the school year so now i have to get up even earlier. yayy :/ anyways hope you guys enjoy and share! 

i present to you...

"partners"

deryah's pov

the first day of classes; the most dreaded day for all students. the day where teachers feel that it is necessary to assign five pages of parchment, and make it due the next day. the day where you would be handed your timetables and compare them to see which classes you have with your friends.

sitting in the great hall for breakfast, i silently listened to the conversation going about between luna and josh. they'd gotten into a conversation about nargles; actually luna had gotten into a conversation about nargles. i could barely focus, thinking about the letter and how i would go into pursuing such things. how does one seek for love? or is it supposed to approach one naturally?

a clear of one's throat pulled me from my train of thought. josh and luna were leaning over looking at my timetable, timetables i hadn't even realized had arrived. "we all have the same first three classes together, then we separate." luna beamed. josh shot her a smile, beginning another conversation about the timetables. i began listening for a few seconds, but then quickly zoned out, trying to get on the path of thinking i was on before. i guess today would be the day i start looking for the person i'd be spending the rest of my life with.

***

as i headed to potions, my last class of the day, i felt relieved that i could finally get some sleep after this. i couldn't sleep so much last night, seeing that i had lots on my mind. looking at my bag full of work, i instantly took my words back and rolled my eyes. stopping in front of the classroom door, i prepared myself for what was behind it. i never really favored the study of potions, but somehow always managed to pass as a top student.

opening the door to the classroom, i stepped in, walking to sit at a desk far in the back. no one i knew was in this class, so i didn't bother socializing at all. minutes later, professor slughorn came in and introduced himself. "good afternoon students, welcome to your last class of the day. today, i will be assigning you partners to work with for the rest of the year. once you have been assigned, there is no going back, or asking for rearrangements." the class groaned, knowing that the professor would split us up in order to meet new people. ignoring the groans and whispers of the students, slughorn began a role call.

"granger, longbottom"

"potter, patil"

"parkinson, goyle"

"fontaine, zabini" slughorn announced, pointing in my direction. i looked over seeing him; blaise fucking zabini. of course i had to be paired with the one person who didn't like me.

i raised my hand, but before i could speak, he cut me off. "professor, are you sure there is no one else i can be paired with?" he sounded desperately irritated.

"no, i'm sorry. i've already said all pairs are final."

scoffing, he got up from his seat and trudged over to my desk before plopping down in the chair next to me. subconsciously, i let out a scoff, transforming into a soft chuckle.