11

a/n: hey loves, sorry for taking so long to post this chapter, i'm drowning in schoolwork right now. after this chapter, it'll be a week or two before i post chapter 12, so please bare with me sorry. hope you guys are having a lovely day and that all is well!! 

TW: mentions of needles,  mentions of blood, mature language,  mention of sex,  mentions of violence

i present to you...

"floating with you"

narrator's pov

arriving at his dorm, deryah and draco stepped inside, draco taking a seat on his four poster while she went to grab a piece of spare cloth. once again, she registered that she couldn't reach the unnecessarily high shelf, so she cleared her throat, signaling for malfoy to come help her as she stood there with her head down.

laughing slightly, malfoy strutted over to the short girl, and reached over her head before looking down at her. "i'm sorry, but have you gotten shorter?" he taunted, bopping her on the head with the towel.

playfully punching his arm, deryah snatched the towel. "shut up or i'll let you bleed out." she joked, rolling her eyes as he changed his expression.

watching as he sarcastically grabbed his chest in shock, deryah grabbed his arm and guided him to the bed, laughing softly. him sitting on the bed, and her sitting on a chair in front of him, she dipped the towel in a bowl of water, and brought it to his face, cleaning it of the somewhat dried blood, listening as he hissed quietly from the sting of his open cuts.

after wiping the blood off, she pulled out a kit she had in her bag, and got ready to bandage him up. "give me your face, i need to put some numbing cream on it." she asked, moving in to get closer.

he leaned in, allowing her to have better access, and a better view of his face; he had an average stitch worthy cut, placed right on his defined cheekbone. placing the cream on his face, deryah silenced a snicker as she watched the blonde hiss in an uncomfortable manner.

he slightly jerked his head away, not wanting to be met with the irritable stinging sensation again. "why does it sting so much?" he groaned in annoyance, scrunching his face.

"if it stings, that means it's working. now don't touch it, and give me your hand." she ordered, pulling his hand onto her lap. she used the towel to wipe it clean, before pulling out a bottle of alcohol. "this might burn a tad bit; probably not, maybe just a small sting." pouring the strong liquid on the cut, she watched the boy's eye twitch as he endured the sensation, not wanting to make a scene.

she patted his hand dry, and wrapped it in a bandage. she noticed how his breathing hitched every time she'd loop the material around his hand; the small breaths he would intake before she touched him. the way he exhaled softly after she'd stop touching him; the pain he felt was there, he just didn't want to cause trouble by bringing it to her attention.

she wanted to reassure him that she would stop if she knew she was hurting him, so she cut the silence. "you'd say something if i was hurting you right?" she asked, cutting the material before reaching for tape to keep it closed.

"yeah, of course! why wouldn't i?" he replied. he was being truthful, but lying at the same time. of course he'd want to tell her, but he just wouldn't know how to do it without bringing guilt upon her conscience.

after she finished wrapping his hand up, deryah decided to just go ahead and ask him about what had taken place on the field. "can i ask you a question?" she inquired hesitantly, bringing another med kit out of her bag, putting the other one back to dispose of later.