33

a/n: am- am i posting a chapter  ? *gasp* yall, i'm sorry i haven't been posting, i've been drowning in school + family stuff! don't give up on my lol. but yeah, how are y'all ? and i hope you like this chapter ! xo

i present to you... 

"numb"

narrator's pov

nothing. gone. quiet. speechless. she had nothing to say. she sat on the couch, staring into the fire as though she were in some type of trance. it was his funeral, yet she had nothing to say. she wore a mid length black dress, with puffed sleeves and just sat there.

people would walk by and say i'm sorry or they would send love. she heard all of it, but none of it helped. if she was being completely honest, she thought it was all bullshit. all of it. there were people there that her father never even considered friends, just coworkers.

her face was plain, and she watched her aunt, uncle, and mother handle everything and everyone. her eyes followed them as they swept around the floor and room, making sure friends and family were okay. "who the hell cares if they're okay?" her friends looked over, surprised that she had said her first words since he died; he died three days ago.

blaise squeezed her thigh, letting her know that he was there because she still hadn't looked away from that carved fireplace; she had the same glare as her father. "what did you say, love?"

"i mean honestly, did anyone they love just die in their arms? i don't think so. half of these people, he didn't even care for. they're all just posers. all of them." she hadn't noticed nor would she care about the dirty looks she had gotten from those who knew that she was talking about them.

"hey, do you wanna go upstairs? just the group?" he placed his hand on hers, trying to comfort her the best way he knew how.

"you're afraid that i might say something. something that'll bring all the attention over to me. i'm just being honest. it's crazy because a lot of these people didn't even know i existed until now. none of them came to say goodbye when he threw that damn party, so why the hell are any of them here now? tell me that." this time, not only did the certain guests shoot looks her way, but so did her mom and uncle.

elizabeth looked to draco and blaise, practically pleading with her eyes to escort her upstairs to her room. the last thing elizabeth needed was someone staring at deryah the wrong way, causing her to have an outburst, somewhat bigger than what was riling up now.

the two young men took notice of this look, and they each took her hand, assisting her as she stood up from the couch. she only sighed and leaned her head on draco, letting them guide her along the way.

she had been too tired to cry. she had cried for the last two days since he died, and well, she grew tired of crying. part of her had died along with her father, and she didn't know what to do with herself. even before this day, the day of lafayette's funeral, she sat in that same spot, just watching the sparks and cracks of the fire.

she had the same stare as him, from the furrowed eyebrows, to the twitching nostrils and brows. she couldn't even look in the mirror, because all she saw was him. but it only hurt because she knew that when she left the mirror, she wouldn't be able to go find him; he wouldn't be there.

reaching her room, they all walked in, draco and blaise tucking her in as they climbed in bed next to her. she was facing upward, her back to the mattress. she stared at the live picture of her and her father before she spoke.

"take it down." she requested, pointing at the picture.

"what?"

"take them all down," sitting up slowly, she pointed to all of the pictures of her and her father.