23

a/n: yayy!! back with new chapters after the revision is done! i'm not gonna lie, this chapter was definitely procrastinated to the max! but now that the revision is done (as well as finals) everything should be okay :) other than that, enjoy this chapter, leave a vote, and love you guys <3

I present to you...

winter break: "happy new year's"

narrator's pov

the sun was high and the temperature was low as draco, blaise and lorenzo stepped outside into the yard, shivering at the sudden chill. they grabbed their shovels, and began to make a path, clearing up the mix of footprints before. the mood between them was quieter than usual, considering the situation that had taken place the day before.

stopping his actions, draco turned to the others. "guys, i really screwed up."

"yeah we know; we were just waiting for you to say something first." lorenzo blurted, blaise soon following.

"yeah, what enzo said. you really went overboard." blaise added.

"i mean, i get that none of us like the slimy git, but you basically said you don't trust her." lorenzo continued.

"i know. i honestly don't know what got into me. watching him make her laugh, plus seeing her laugh so hard, and then him putting his arm around; it just pissed me off so much. don't even get me started on that 'little one' nickname." he complained, trying to express how he felt to make sure he wasn't overreacting.

"i completely get it man. something about him, just rubs me the wrong way. whether he likes her like that or not, he can't be putting his hands on her. she's in a relationship." enzo responded, letting his friend know that he agreed with his opinion.

"exactly! he was even there when i asked her to be my girlfriend, so what is his excuse?" he groaned. draco began to get angered while talking about the situation. he went back to shoveling, the aggression taking over as the scrapes from the shovel grew louder by the second.

noticing this, lorenzo and blaise looked at each other semi wide eyed before blaise came up with a solution. "why don't you do something to make it up to her? then talk to her." he suggested, attempting his best to give good solutions and ideas.  "but don't make it seem like you're trying to buy her forgiveness." he included, making sure his words weren't being taken the wrong way.

"like what?"

"well, she's still asleep, so why not give her breakfast in bed? go all out for her."  blaise added, explaining his suggestion.

"you're right. okay, what are you guys going to do?" draco questioned, adding onto the conversation.

"i'm sorry, what? what do you mean by that?" enzo interjected, whipping his head to face the blonde boy.

"you do realize that you pissed her off too, right?" he clarified. "we all went over there. you two are just as guilty for what was said at the table." he continued.

"i'm not going to apologize for putting that bastard in his place. he deserved it, and i was just looking out for her." lorenzo defended.

"exactly! she's like you lot's sister, so you should make it up to her by doing something nice." he argued. hearing those words, blaise put his head down and continued to shovel as he made his way around the yard. draco hadn't noticed his actions so he continued to go back and forth with lorenzo.

"not exactly! if she's like my sister, and i'm like her brother, why would i need to make it up to her?!" he argued. the two continued to bicker until they came to a reasonable decision. they decided that the three of them would give her breakfast in bed, then spoil her for the day.