36

a/n: hope y'all are well,  and enjoy ! xoxo :) also thank you for 17k, and 18k ! and happy holidays !!!!

i present to you...

"clearing the air"

narrator's pov

days. he hadn't seen her in days. she had seen him, but quickly hid, or ran away, trying to leave before he could see her. they both had missed each other, it was obvious, but they were too prideful to say anything. their friend group stayed the same, and everyone was happy now, they just avoided hanging out at the same time.

he knew- or he had heard that she was well, but he never got to check in on her while she was alone.

it had been almost two weeks since she had been back, and she had "changed". technically, she hadn't changed, she had just been reverting back to herself before she had even met draco or blaise. she had taken back her time, stopped going to as many parties, and began working on herself. she had even gotten back into practicing her magic with nature. she spent most of her time walking through the woods, casting, learning, and re-learning spells. her already perfect grades, had become even more perfect, and she radiated this beautiful glow overall.

her friends loved to see her like this; luna even pulled her to the side to say she missed the old her, and that she was happy to see deryah was doing well. this only made deryah happier. she was growing stronger and better in her magic, she was staying on top of her grades, and overall just doing the things she loved and somewhat missed.

it was a sunday morning, and she was now opening the door to onyx's room, pulling open the curtains, ignoring the groans coming underneath the duvet.

luna walked over to her while pansy and deryah walked around the room, deryah pulling out clothes for her to wear, and pansy starting the shower.

sitting up annoyed, onyx gave deryah a stern stare before turning to luna. "why is it that just because she has her life together, the rest of us have to pretend we do too?" she complained, standing up from her bed.

before luna answered her, deryah cut in. "stop complaining. it's 11:30, you're acting like i woke you up at five on the dot. and besides, i didn't want to be alone while i'm practicing my magic today.. also, the boys are waiting downstairs, so i suggest you hurry up."

reaching her bathroom door, onyx slammed the door shut, mumbling behind it. "what the hell do i need to practice magic for ? i already do enough of that shit here."

***

almost forty five minutes later, onyx was finally ready, and they all headed out the room, making their way to the common room.

being the last one to reach the bottom of the stairs, deryah froze for a minute when she had seen blaise standing there in black sweatpants and a hoodie. she hadn't remembered the last time she had seen him wearing such casual clothes. and yes sure, she had seen him since the break-up, but she never stood in front of him, and he never knew she was there.

ignoring these thoughts in her head, she moved past him onto lorenzo. "is everyone ready?" she clasped her hands together, waiting for their response. once they responded, she proceeded. "alright, you know the drill. we'll be there in no time." with the flick of her wand, the group of teens landed at the bottom of a familiar waterfall; falls of foyers.

"why are we here?" luna called out.

"well, i originally came out here to practice my magic and study, but now, i'm thinking that this could be a free day for you all."