20

TW: alcohol use, slight sexual content and mention of sexual content, mention of blood. some scenes readers may find upsetting,- if so, i advise skipping over it; discretion is advised. please if you feel uncomfortable, skip reading this chapter.

i present to you...

"winter break: christmas eve"

narrator's pov

the day was new, and the sun was shining down into the room. batting her eyes open, deryah was slightly confused but amazed at how much sunlight could get in, considering that his room had such dark curtains.

getting out of bed, deryah began making her way to the bathroom to the shower until she happened to look over at the bed again. draco was sleeping peacefully, whilst the sun beamed down on his porcelain skin. smiling at how peaceful he looked, deryah continued to go take a shower and brush her teeth, trying her best not to wake him.

***

stepping out from under the hot water and getting dressed, deryah stepped out of the room and made her way down the stairs. walking in silence on the marble floor while looking around, she noticed that no one was awake, and decided that it would be a nice surprise for them to wake up to the welcoming smell of breakfast waiting in the kitchen for them.

when she reached the kitchen, the first thing she did was look in cabinets for the pots she needed. she pulled a skillet, small circular pan, a small bowl, and the tea kettle. reaching into the fridge, she grabbed the bread, eggs, and bacon.

she proceeded to grab the bowl and cracked six eggs over it, watching the yolk fall, making a plopping sound. reaching into the drawer next to her, she pulled out a fork and placed it on the counter while she reached up to grab the salt and pepper. as she sprinkled equal amounts in the bowl, she mixed them before turning to warm up the stove top for the bacon.

placing the thin sliced bacon on the skillet, she listened to it sizzle as she walked over to grab two large serving dishes to place them on. she walked back over, the smell of the crispy bacon wafting around the house. flipping the half-cooked bacon, she placed the small round pan on the stove top, prepping it for the eggs.

pouring the eggs into the pan, she was finally able to take the fully crisped bacon off the stove and make another batch. placing more bacon back on the skillet, she turned her attention back to the eggs, scrambling them before they had a chance to burn. she went back and forth between flipping the bacon, and scrambling the eggs before she was finally able to take them both off and serve them.

just as she finished decorating the table with the food and fruits, she heard a ripple of bedroom doors opening and closing. she quickly summoned her wand, casting a spell to start the tea so that it would be freshly made just like the food. the first people to arrive in the kitchen were two house elves; marie and ben. they greeted deryah with smiles before walking over to begin to clean the pots she had used.

"wait! you guys can take a break, i made you breakfast!" she said, earning a bit of a confused and shocked expression from the couple. placing some food on their plates, and she bent down to hand it to them as ben reached his hand out to shake hers.

"thank you miss!" he cheered. "marie and ben are thankful for this!" he continued. marie looked at deryah, nodding her head as she placed a piece of bacon in her mouth.

"my pleasure, ben. you two will always get some when i cook!" she promised. watching him nod happily and walk off, she looked back up to see the malfoys walk in the kitchen. draco was still in his sleeping clothes, only now he wore a shirt, as well as a slight pout. narcissa wore a silky emerald green lounging robe, and her hair was in a bun. last but not least, lucius was fully dressed in an all black suit, leaving deryah to assume that he had work to attend to.