2

a/n: this chapter is sort of filler in my opinion, sorry. i loved it, but i felt i could've done so much better. not to mention, i'm kinda swamped with midterms, and let's not even get into the amount of writer's block. but i'll be back on a schedule soon. 

i present to you...

"the boy on the train"

deryah's pov

as i said goodbye to my mom, i went into an embrace with my dad, feeling as he hugged me tightly. before i could pull away, he placed an envelope in my hand, and whispered into my ear.

"don't open this until after dinner." i stared at him in confusion with narrowed eyes before responding with a slight nod. after i backed away, i said my final farewells to them before grasping my trunk, and boarding the train.

***

looking for a cabin was always the most challenging part about the ride to hogwarts. everyone made sure that their lot sat together, so it would be awkward for outsiders to share the same cabin. every cabin i had looked in, was either packed with nervous first years, people who had been mates for the longest, or worst of all; those who were snogging.

i was abruptly brought out of my thoughts, as i roughly collided with the floor. what the hell just happened? i looked up to see a tall, male figure standing in a black trench coat. his back was facing me, until he slowly rotated his body to face me.

"bloody hell, watch where you're going-" he spat, watching me reach to gather my belongings.

"sorry, i wasn't paying attention." i spoke lightly. i grasped for my wand and trunk, and arose from the floor, making sure i still had my things in order.

"obviously, you weren't" he muttered, seemingly annoyed. not that i could blame him; i did just slam into him.

i readjusted my clothes and apologized once more. "once again, i'm really so-"

my words were cut short by the boy brushing past me and mumbling something under his breath. "yeah, i heard you before." he spoke indistinctly, as he walked away.

what the hell was his problem? "arsehole" i scoffed and made my way to an empty cabin.

***

after what felt like hours and hours, we finally arrived at the station. everyone grouped together, caught a carriage, and made their way to the castle. i was one of the last people to find a carriage. when i did, i greeted the same thestrals that always pulled them. "hello," just as i finished greeting them, i glanced over to see four students staring at me. a ginger, and three brunettes. the brunette girl, the brown haired boy with a plant, and the ginger, looked concerned, whilst the boy with glasses, didn't seem to mind. i supposed he was used to seeing the herd.

he came around and helped me climb onto the carriage. a girl with blonde hair was already seated and seemed to be reading something that was upside down; what a unique way to read. she put her book down and looked over at the boy and i.

"i can see them too, you know. you're just as sane as i am." she had a soft voice.

as the boy with glasses helped me climb onto the carriage, i nodded my head, sending him a soft smile. "thank you" i spoke to him. he gave a slight nod and humming sound.

when everyone got onto the carriage, the bushy haired girl began to converse. "everyone, this is loony love-" before she could finish, i snapped my head in her direction, giving her a mean glare. why the hell was everyone being so rude today? she cleared her throat and corrected herself. "luna lovegood."